Saturday, August 25, 2018

another Food Poem for our "Let's Eat" Challenge

Today is eating day here in the Imaginary Garden.   I won't bore with recipes or the like although my pizza made from scratch was the best.  People would ask me to make it when they were coming over.  Finally I couldn't improve on it so I just stopping making pizza.  My oyster stew likewise although that is easy to make.
 _ _ _ _

Golden Locks;
finds herself some food

Once upon a time there were three bears
Papa bear, Mama Bear,  and Baby Bear
Papa Bear had cooked himself a very fine Pastrami Sandwich.  
He tried tasting his sandwich but it was
way too hot to eat

Mama Bear made herself a very fine Hot Salad Roulette
with added goat cheese, arugula and walnuts   
But after tending to Baby Bear her food had gotten
way too cold

And Baby Bear had a Corn Dog and Macroni and Cheese.  
But by the time Mama Bear quit fussing the
Mac and Cheese was cold
and the
Corn Dog was still too hot

O Dear, O dear Bears
my well intentioned near-gourmeted meal is ruined  
(Nary a word about her other stop-and-fuss episodes.)  
And my kitchen is extra hot from all this cooking

Papa Bear to the rescue.  Let's all
take a walk on the wild side
In the woods we'll cool ourselves off a bit. Away they went,
in such a hurry that Baby Bear forgot his usual
slam the door and get reprimanded game.
 _ _ _ _

Now after they had left a young lass named Golden Locks
came walking along the forest edge

When she spied the Bear House open door she came in
She tried the furniture, none fit her well, or else it broke,  
until she tried Baby Bear's stuff
It all was a good fit
Take a nap?

Yes. Perhaps  
First let's see what there is to eat
When she saw the table she knew!  
What wonderful leftovers

So she made herself a French Italian American meal,
took it to Baby Bear's chair, turned the TV on,
and  proceeded to eat.

BEST MEAL I'VE EVER EATEN, she proclaimed!  
Next she yawned and sleepily
closed her eyes
 _ _ _ _

[click picture for large size][click here for the hot dog super sized]
.
Today for lunch I made cheese hotdogs for Mrs Jim and myself.  I had purchased some bakery made hot dog buns, we had a real treat. Ready to eat means Diet Coke is poured and Oscar Mayer weiners are hot and laying on a melted slice of yellow American cheese.   Add your own mustard and relish. And onions or ketsup if you like. No sauerkraut today.

Afterwards Mrs. Jim was cleaning up the cooking island but she complained how messy I could be just slicing bread.  Seems there were some bread crumbs and a couple of pickle relish pieces. I told her that perhaps I needed a bigger chopping board.  She said there weren't any onion pieces where she chopped.  No comment.

Still later while she was at the sink, I passed by her on the way to the trash.   I slowed and gently rubbed her arm.  Softly I told her that she was giving me goose bumps and asked her how she felt.

Then again lyricing softly, and near her ear, I mentioned my bread crumbs (she had forgotten?) and teasing her slyly whispered, "That proves one thing, 'a woman's place is in the kitchen.'"
 _ _ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright,  ©  Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Sanaa Rizvi in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/08/lets-eat.html
 - Jim's Little Blog, hot dog search, https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/search?q=hot+dog

Labels: , , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Saturday, August 25, 2018 5:39:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Mrs. Jim is from Louisiana and I'm from Nebraska. I'd never eaten grits, cornbread, or poboys until I met her. About the only Southern foods I don't like now are eggplant and okra. When I first moved here I would eat okra fried but not even that way any more.
..

 
At Saturday, August 25, 2018 8:33:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Interesting poem Jim. But I have to disagree. A woman's place is in the White House, the Senate, Congress, and the Supreme Court.

 
At Saturday, August 25, 2018 10:41:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Mrs. Jim and I both agree with you, Toni. I will change that line to include 'teasing' or the likes. The print doesn't show my smile. :)
..

 
At Sunday, August 26, 2018 5:52:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

A delightful poem and so interesting this corn dog looks so much like a long English hot dog. Delish! As for a woman's place...?..I agree with Toni!

 
At Tuesday, August 28, 2018 11:28:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Ah, the beauty is a woman has choices - she can do it all with a little help or I know quite a few who have handed the kitchen scene over to their husbands. I can sense the sweetness in the afterwards - I knew you were teasing.

 
At Wednesday, August 29, 2018 6:19:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I read this yesterday and grilled bratwurst, with mustard and relish ~ thought of you and Ms. Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home