Tuesday, August 14, 2018

It's over the hill ~~ Writing for Tuesday

 Just over the hill 

What's over the hill, do you want to know
You may think you know but do you really
I surely don't know what lies over there
We shall wait and see

It's all new to me I expect to see
Chickens and horses lambs and pigs as well
Farmer's pride with colors changed from the last
We can wait and see

Perhaps there'll be a circus fun and bright
Clowns and tight rope walkers trapeze artists
Three rings, bears walking elephants painting
Can we wait and see 

Or a shopping strip with gasoline oil
A place to grab a bite use the rest room
Buy the kids a toy Ice cream cone to go
We will wait and see

You've been there before now won't be the same 
You'll see yesterday has changed for today 
We don't know ahead hope for a surprise 
We must wait and see
 
 
 _ _ _ _

 - Photos and Poem Copyright, © Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Sanaa Rizvi  in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/08/the-tuesday-platform_14.html?m=1   

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 14, 2018 1:41:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Oh I love the hope and expectancy in this poem. Beautiful writing, Jim 💖

 
At Tuesday, August 14, 2018 2:51:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Oh this is certainly the case revisiting a place so many years after the last time. Sadly for me I always prefer the place I once knew for thats is where my memories are. However with kids you can be excited too for them!

 
At Tuesday, August 14, 2018 5:23:00 AM, Blogger Anmol (HA) said...

Oh, the waiting is palpable in your verse. There's this underlying excitement which makes it so full of life and pleasure.
Lovely!
-HA

 
At Tuesday, August 14, 2018 5:54:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

I smiled, remembering road trips I went on with the family when my kids were little.

 
At Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:42:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, what fun! I like surprises.

 
At Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I will cross my fingers for a circus! Fun.

 
At Tuesday, August 14, 2018 12:15:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

What fun. The expectation.

 
At Tuesday, August 14, 2018 1:38:00 PM, Blogger Priscilla King said...

Meh. Sometimes the other side of the hill is better. Usually it's just different. I hope what the speaker finds is at least different in an interesting way.

 
At Tuesday, August 14, 2018 2:17:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Things certainly do not stay the same do they? I remember going back to my grandparents home when I was a bit older and suddenly it seemed so small when I remembered it being big. I was going to say you could practically have done this for the prompt we had at The Sunday Muse....here is the link https://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/ Join us sometime, we would love for you to participate.

 
At Tuesday, August 14, 2018 3:01:00 PM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Oh the joy of exploring unfamiliar places, Jim, which you've captured in this poem!

 
At Tuesday, August 14, 2018 11:42:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

You've been there before now won't be the same
You'll see yesterday has changed for today

Mysteriously presented is a situation that will be more appreciated as the scene will be akin to a new picture to be further explored.A good one Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Wednesday, August 15, 2018 1:33:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Just wanted to pop back and say you are very welcome on the invite to the Muse. :-) I understand being blogged down with reading and blogging, so just join us eventually at any time in the future. We will still be there.

 
At Thursday, August 16, 2018 5:11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love this, Jim!

 
At Friday, August 17, 2018 9:32:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, the Grass is always greener on the other side. Getting there is one thing, but jumping the fence is still another. We dontd Know the "other side" until we awaken to see it.
Love the Poem, Jim.

 
At Friday, August 17, 2018 2:29:00 PM, Blogger Frank J. Tassone said...

Why am I suddenly hearing the chorus of "Anticipation!" Your varied repetition of each stanza's closing line works wonders!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home