Friday, July 27, 2018

An 'out of standard' Poem for the Weekend

If I had a nickel
If I had one for every bed I've slept
One for every bowl of porridge I've et
I'd share with all the needy boys and girls
For them to hear my tale

I'm Three Bears' Wicked Girl
Been sitting in every little girl's chair
I came to your house had porridge with you
After supper your mother read to you
On her knee then to bed

Would I be sleeping there
Or would I still be trying Momma's bed
Or Daddy's great big bed it's way to large
Way to large for me your bed is just right
There you'll find me asleep

Earning my nickel
Need I fix your chair?
 
 _ _ _ _

 - Photos and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved (Photos are my "Print Screen" of Wikipedia, Public Domain, illustory photos from the article, Goldilocks and the Three Bears [link].)  Goldilocks, a Fairy Tale, was published in 1837 by Robert Southey .)
 - I'm linked with Isadora Gruye in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/07/out-of-standard-fear-into-farce.html?m=1

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Saturday, July 28, 2018 8:50:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Oh Goldilocks sounds like a bit wicked one... a feel a bit for the poor bears.

 
At Saturday, July 28, 2018 9:01:00 AM, Blogger Isadora Gruye said...

Brilliant, every syllable. I so enjoyed this and admire the take on the challenge. I too have always thought that Goldilocks was a bit of an ass...I mean, these bears first of all....decide to build a house and live like humans, and she just barges in. Well done and viva la!!!!

 
At Saturday, July 28, 2018 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Goldilocks certainly wasn't sweet. Nicely done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home