Saturday, July 07, 2018

a FLASH poem for Saturday

 
Should I dress
 
Should I dress today take the dog go play
It seems so nice out cool after the rain
I wouldn't burn the sun's staying under
We could walk three miles, let's hurry I'll dress

What route should I take remember the dog
I'll wear my short shorts keep my shoulders bare
No sun I shouldn't burn stop and eat too
Best for you Bert's Gyros is dog friendly

Could I take my bike get there much faster
I might ride down the hill go by the lake
Going down means pedaling up or pushing
We'll stay here on the plain basket for you

We aren't in shape for this let's drive to Bert's
Still get some air put the top down for you

 _ _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2018, All Rights Reserved
 - Top Photo is from Kerry s instructions at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2018/07/camera-flash.html?m=1
 - Kerry's "FLASH" title means to make it a flash poem which are by nature short.  Common are limits on words, letters, or lines.  Stretching my luck on this one as it is a bit longer than my usual flash poem at 14 lines.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Saturday, July 07, 2018 9:23:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love that little face poking over the tailgate, ready to go anywhere with you.

 
At Saturday, July 07, 2018 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

The dog is always ready for a walk and only looks up to say "Are you serious" if it is raining!" Loved it.

 
At Sunday, July 08, 2018 1:00:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

That's a cute PIC you added in here Jim. Dogs do love an outing.

 
At Sunday, July 08, 2018 2:29:00 AM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

There is an important thought process going on here. Planning is everything ...and I think her final decision is apt. The dog gets to enjoy the breeze...and she gets to visit Bert :) It reminds me of how our Zeus is integral to all our family outings. I really liked this :)

 
At Sunday, July 08, 2018 5:18:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I certainly fit in with your decision to drive... I am hospital hall weary.

 
At Sunday, July 08, 2018 9:06:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

We aren't in shape for this let's drive to Bert's
Still get some air put the top down for you

Sensible thing to do, Dr Jim! Not to tire oneself but spend all the energy in whispering sweet nothings at Bert's should be a better alternative.

Hank

 
At Monday, July 09, 2018 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Herotomost said...

I would have made the same decision....and me and my puppies would all be happy!!! Great write!!!

 
At Monday, July 09, 2018 7:15:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Love this, Jim!

 
At Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:36:00 PM, Blogger hyperCRYPTICal said...

Wise decision Jim - I would have drove too.
Anna :o]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home