Monday, April 17, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017, Day 17 -- a Poem, Over, Under, Through

.
Your Daddy Built a Wall

Your daddy built a wall for me
A wall between us, you and me
It's tall, supposed to keep us apart
Will it work, well I think no way

Wild horses can't keep me away
No better than oceans apart
Or flinging me up to the moon
I'll find a way to come to you

Over, under, or through I'll come
Come flying, crawling, or pushing
Our love is burning hot, searing
Boiling like a pot on the stove

Love will see us through, I'll hold you
Hole we'll make, to carry you through
Let's try it now, wait no longer
Write your note, let's be on our way

"Daddy, seems I can't have you both
Love you too but it's Charlie.  Mine"
..
- - - - - -

..
Poem and Photo Copyright
© 2017 and 2010 Jimmiehov
All Rights Reserved

..
 - I'm linked withthe Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Over // Under // ThroughMicro Poetry,  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/04/over-under-through.html

  - - - and   
 - to Day Seventeen of NaPoWriMo, http://www.napowrimo.net/day-seventeen-3/#comment-35474
 - Izzy asked, "Today's (Over // Under // Through) challenge is all about challenges, and how we rise ...or er, don't or whatever." 

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Monday, April 17, 2017 11:40:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Walls, they are meant to be climbed, torn down. Where there is want there is will. Thank you for your prayers. I pray all will go well with your doctor visit.

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:20:00 AM, Blogger grapeling said...

that's determination ~

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:40:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Bravi! No giving up. :)

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:40:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Or even 'Bravo'.

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2017 6:06:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Kudos!!

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2017 9:20:00 PM, Blogger Isadora Gruye said...

A true tale of perseverance and a happy ending to boot! Thanks for posting!!!!!

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I do love a happy ending! Very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home