Friday, April 07, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017, Day 7 -- a Senryū Pair, Art Inspired


 . ."Big Owl" by Kaoro Kawano,  Fair Use

 
Big Owl Sits 
 
Big owl sits by pool
On duty all day and night
Scaring birds away
 
Bird bath it's not
But when they catch him sleeping 
Time for hot tub bath  
 _ _ _ _

Photos and Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

Photo is a "Screen print" from my computer of Kaoru Kawano's print, Big Owl.
You can find it in his On-line works, here:  https://www.wikiart.org/en/kaoru-kawano

 - I'm linked with at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Let's Paint a Picture, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/04/kerry-says-lets-paint-picture.html 

- - -and 
 - I'm also linked to Day Seven of NaPoWriMo, http://www.napowrimo.net/day-seven-4/
 
Kerry would like us to write our poem after 'grazing' through some of the artist, Kaoru Kawano, and write what might come to mind.  I am also gazing out the back window beside me and seeing the blackbirds using our hot tub as a bird bath. 
 
Supposedly we can place a sculptured owl near the birds will stay away.  Some say it work, some say not.  I found this owl print in his portfolio on the WikiArt Internet site ( https://www.wikiart.org/en/kaoru-kawano ).

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Friday, April 07, 2017 6:09:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the idea of the small birds darting around waiting for the owl to fall asleep.Here I am fascinated by the hummers zooming around the feeder - especially today as a gale is blowing and they are storing up nutrients before they find a hiding spot.

 
At Friday, April 07, 2017 6:21:00 PM, Blogger De Jackson said...

My mom has done this, and it keeps the pigeons off of her roof. ;)
Loved this piece.

 
At Friday, April 07, 2017 8:56:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

How clever, Jim. I had no idea.

By the way, the last line of the second part scared me a bit. For a second there, I thought the birds were jumping into hot water.

 
At Saturday, April 08, 2017 12:37:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I was drawn to that owl too and very nearly decided to use it. (Smile.) I enjoyed your senryu.

 
At Saturday, April 08, 2017 2:06:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

You balance humour and observation very well in your senryu, Jim.

 
At Saturday, April 08, 2017 2:46:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Such a wonderfully deep and thoughtful senryu, Jim ❤️

 
At Sunday, April 09, 2017 1:30:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Patience will bring your turn...love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home