Friday, April 14, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017, Day 14 -- a Poem, "Invisible'

I am invisible

I am invisible, no one ever sees me
Clean your nasty toilets and scrub and wax your floors

Yet you don't know that I'm here, to you I don't exist
Might as well be the door you open with a towel  

I have a burning love, for you and you don't care
never return my mail, seems I'm invisible

Like Christina Grimmie**, shoot me dead, go ahead
That way my tears will cease, I'll cry no more for you
 
But if you don't, take heed for I will shoot you soon
Invisible to me like I have been for you
 _ _ _ _ _

  - Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved 
  - Photo is Screen Capture of Wikipedia, (link), article Christina Grimmie

  - I'm linked withat the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Invisible on  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/04/invisible.html 

   - - - and    
 - Day Fourteen of NaPoWriMohttp://www.napowrimo.net/day-fourteen-4/

 - **Marian's instructions, "For Day 14, let’s muse on invisibility. What does it feel like to be invisible? Who or what is invisible? Would invisibility be a cool superpower or what? Or, feel free to explore the links I’m providing for Christina Grimmie and be inspired by her work or life.

 - When these things come up, desperate infatuations and stalking of celebrities, I always think of Jody Foster and John D. Hinckley, Jr.  This came to a head in 1981 when he shot President Reagan six times to show his love for Ms. Foster. (Obsession of John Hinckley)

 - Here is a rundown of I think 39 celebreties who have stalked in the not to distant past (link), in case you want to see.  Several men are included.

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Friday, April 14, 2017 2:25:00 PM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

You describe a certain kind of crazy, one which we all fear because it defies our concepts of reason.

 
At Friday, April 14, 2017 9:24:00 PM, Blogger De Jackson said...

Yikes. Powerful stuff here. Well done.

 
At Friday, April 14, 2017 9:33:00 PM, Blogger grapeling said...

a grim prospect ~

 
At Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:23:00 AM, Blogger Paul John Dear said...

a certain kind of mentality which you portray well here is at the root of such incidents. Nice piece Jim.

 
At Saturday, April 15, 2017 1:32:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Whoaa this one knocked my socks off!

 
At Saturday, April 15, 2017 2:34:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ooh, you really nailed this one.

 
At Saturday, April 15, 2017 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Yeah... so incomprehensible when this happens. It really is. I wish these kinds of compulsions could be identified and the people helped. Seems obvious to say that but it's still true. I was sad to learn about Christina Grimmie only upon her death, as she really seemed like a good young person, a gem.

 
At Monday, April 17, 2017 6:29:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

You have captured the horror of an unsettled mind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home