Saturday, April 15, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017, Day 15 -- a Poem, "movie thief"


The World's Greatest Criminal Mind (Ratigan)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP8QdFttugg

The Day I Became Delinquent
 
With my mother and father,
I lived in the Queens sewer
There the conveniences
were sufficient save food
 
Mother, Dad was never home,
would send me on search missions
"Search and steal" we called them all
Hood "King of Theft" I became
 
No regular grocery 
bandit for hire would I be
Bakeries were my target
Cherry pie my specialty
 
Things got to be exciting
The nation's best detective,
cherry pie lover way back,
was now on my case and tail
 
King of Theft, mouse** made great
Stealthiest thief you could know
Making sad fools of the law
Delinquent mouse made big time
_ _ _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved

.
 - I'm linked with Rommy at the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, The Villain Speaks, http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/04/the-villain-speaks.html 

  - - - and   
 - to Day Fifteen of NaPoWriMo, http://www.napowrimo.net/day-fifteen-3/


 - Rommy would like for us to give a voice to a villain (fictional only please). My villain is Ratigan of Walt Disney fame, in the movie "The Great Mouse Detective" (link) which was released in 1992.  Ratigan was from sewer heritage and made big time as a bakery thief.  We saw the movie on TV a while back.  You could probably check the movie out on a DVD from your local library.


 - **Ratigan thinks himself as a mouse but in the film he is actually a rat ("Although he lavishes himself as a mouse, he has rat-like characteristics, such as sharp fangs and fingers, a large nose, and a long, pink tail." (http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Ratigan)
.

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

At Saturday, April 15, 2017 5:32:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

This is one of the few Disney movies I haven't seen. But it sounds super adorable. Thanks for sharing!

 
At Saturday, April 15, 2017 7:41:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Didn't know this villain before, but thanks to you I love him now.

 
At Sunday, April 16, 2017 7:43:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Now I have an intense urge to watch The Great Mouse Detective. :-)

 
At Sunday, April 16, 2017 8:40:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Hah, love this! Must watch again.

 
At Sunday, April 16, 2017 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

I too wanna watch 'The Great Mouse Detective'after reading this 💖

 
At Sunday, April 16, 2017 2:45:00 PM, Blogger Outlawyer said...

So funny-- it took me a while to catch on. I kept thinking that really the Queens Sewer system isn't that great! Ha. Very charming. k.

 
At Sunday, April 16, 2017 10:10:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

and so many actually DO start from childhood - a boy kicked my son in the face at the park the other day - and his mother didn't care! It was crazy - What will become of that playground bully I don't know - but his chances aren't good.

 
At Monday, April 17, 2017 11:27:00 AM, Blogger Gel said...

I can vividly see you on search missions.

 
At Monday, April 17, 2017 10:59:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Absentee parenting... a their does make. Love this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home