Sunday, February 16, 2020




Girl on a scooter

Girl on a scooter
where do you go
Couldn't be cuter
I love you sooo

With room for double
when I'm with you
Me for your buddy
envies my brood

Flying through the night
brown hair trailing
I'm hanging on tight
close those railings

Riding your scooter
queen of the streets
Girl on a scooter
so glad you're mine
_ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2 and 2020, All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked with Sanaa Rizvi  in  the Writer's Pantry  at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/02/writers-pantry-7-strolling-through.html?m=1

 - The photo was taken in 2006 while we were traveling, Sicily and Amalfi,  Italy,  for four weeks (plus one in Provence, France).
 - When  I was in El Paso in the U.S. Army for five years and the three years at an Air Force Satellite Tracking Station I rode my Vespa scooter as a second car and for pleasure.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Sunday, February 16, 2020 5:30:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Little bit On the wild side, Jim. I cannot even ride a bike
Happy Sunday, thanks for dropping by my blog today

Much💃🏽🕺🏽💃🏽love

 
At Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:29:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ha ha, my first husband rose a motor scooter, so I was often the one on the back. (Had my own helmet.) Fun for the young.

 
At Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:30:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

PS Gillena, I can't ride a bike either! But being a passenger on the scooter demanded little skill.

 
At Monday, February 17, 2020 2:52:00 AM, Blogger anthonynorth said...

Now that invoked memories of youth. Nice one.

 
At Monday, February 17, 2020 8:45:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

Fun and takes a nice clip.

 
At Monday, February 17, 2020 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is such a delightful read, Jim!💝

 
At Monday, February 17, 2020 5:15:00 PM, Blogger hyperCRYPTICal said...

Lovely read.
I was a pillion passenger on a motorbike once in my life...
Anna :o]

 
At Tuesday, February 18, 2020 8:44:00 AM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Zoom away, Jim! :)

 
At Wednesday, February 19, 2020 4:02:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

This is so sweet, Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home