Sunday, January 26, 2020

A Prose Poem of one clothes dryer's thinking


My dryer has tales

The stories I hold in my repertoire are of many kinds, I sort them by color, sex, and size.  In other words you will never know of what in my belly I be hold.

You'll be surprised.  Shirts by viewing, color, sex, size I categorize, makes sense to me.

Bursting through the door much to be told comes one orange and dark blue.  Stripes round and round prove him to be bold and brash.  Loud of mouth and lusting with the eye, not to be trusted after dark.

Following by a nose also bursting out comes two-tone blue, shouting curses and vulgarities.  Typical for the stripes is the loudness but not the foul mouth,  it comes with length of body.

Only one woman this time, I let her be first.  Wearing white with tiny blue stars and narrow cuff and collar she was looking very clean.

Efficient too, sex and the stars tell us this.  The color of the stars, average blue, shows her high speed in the endeavor she might try.  Partly why she was first.  Timid also because she was so small, size 4P.

Next to come was a pull over T-shirt with a pocket, black in color, black is always sad.  Solid color, not stripes, quiet and reserved.  Some others in my fold will say "reserved is for the dead." There's another solid black, more of a sport with a collar, fine for any golf club.

Today's wash hold only one red, red tends to excite the rest and others too.  Neither I nor the red understand the psychology of instigating this horrible attribute. 

Green means calm and cool.  We chat while they are going round and round and back and forth in the broth.  Green is always good for conversation although they have a tendency to tell some lies.

Four are cotton with patterns.  Favored is blue again with sail boats, palm trees, and picnic tables.  I love hearing reports of a picnic or a trip to the beach or a sail boat ride. 

All for today.  

They're soldiers one of a kind in loyalty yet they are different as wet and dry in their inner person, purpose and personality. 

 _ _ _


 _ _ _
 
 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved  - I'm linked with Magaly Guerrero in the Writer's Pantry #4 at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/01/writers-pantry-4-let-poetry-and-prose.html 
 
 - Since this tale of tid bits is limited by the rules to be 369 or less words, I pruned it sharply to 368, but to the better.  I did have to leave out some, I had wanted to include the story of spilled grape jam that left a long purple streak and how he (another pale green guy) was feeling better now as the streak had washed away.  Real exciting.
 
Psalms 36:6 -- Dogs go to Heaven!
 

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At Sunday, January 26, 2020 7:54:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, I so loved your personified wash! Very entertaining.

 
At Sunday, January 26, 2020 8:42:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this one, Jim!💝

 
At Sunday, January 26, 2020 8:50:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Red does get a fiery reputation, doesn't it? But minds are strange and subjective like that. I, for instance, never see black as a sad color. To me, it's a color of possibility. So much can be growing in all that dark... just waiting to grow into something lovely (or needed).

 
At Sunday, January 26, 2020 9:30:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

They're soldiers one of a kind in loyalty
yet they are different as wet and dry in
their inner person, purpose and personality

Our clothes carry our personalities revealing preferences of style and colors differently from each other

Hank

 
At Sunday, January 26, 2020 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

OMG, the places to which the piet mind travels. Thank for a truly entertaining poem Jim

Happy Sunday

Much❤love

 
At Sunday, January 26, 2020 1:24:00 PM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

You brought a washday to life, Jim!

 
At Sunday, January 26, 2020 2:03:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Each garment has a story to tell... it seems like a comforting conversation.

 
At Sunday, January 26, 2020 4:53:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

Think of all the secrets the dryer keeps! Amazing. Clever write.

 
At Sunday, January 26, 2020 5:27:00 PM, Blogger Marja said...

What an entertaining lot in your dryer. Very cool

 
At Sunday, January 26, 2020 10:13:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Having been a widower for nine years now my wash and dry days include no hanky-panky by garments of both sexes mixing. They all line up like soldiers and are arranged in regimental rows. Shirt sleeves sometimes entwine by mistake but all line up regimentally in the wardrobe and drawers for inspection.

 
At Monday, January 27, 2020 4:36:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh my gosh, I will never do laundry again without thinking of how you sort it. Love this poem!

 
At Monday, January 27, 2020 7:33:00 PM, Blogger ZQ said...

reminds me of my closet :-) and its memories.

 
At Tuesday, January 28, 2020 3:08:00 PM, Blogger Bekkie Sanchez said...

This was a very interesting write which I enjoyed. Kept my mind off of other things.

 
At Tuesday, January 28, 2020 9:38:00 PM, Blogger Jenna said...

I really enjoyed reading this because of the extended and creative personification.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home