Tuesday, January 07, 2020

New Poem for 2020


Meet Me

They said meet us at the chapel
I came when they asked, they were not
Only a scrawny little lass 
She smiled at me, that was my end

I twisted the Knob, chapel gate
Oh, it'll be closed 'til next week
She came a bit closer to me 
My body told me I'd had it

Like changing the subject. I tried
Nothing else I twisted again
Of no help we walked down the street
Chatting my Muse gave words to me

Six months later I turned the Knob
She was waiting in Wedding Dress
 _ _ _ _

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2020, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Magaly Guerrero with Poets and Story Tellers United at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/01/writers-pantry-1-home-is-people.html?m=1
 - NOTE: I hope to be forgiven as I posted late with Magaly so I'm trying early this time.  My Sabbatical will be ending this week.  I hope to return comments better.  And to boar with a 'short' rundown of my time away.  Magaly is at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/01/writers-pantry-2-storms-and-stones-and.html?m=1  this week.

 - Although this story poem is made up in a way it is similar to the way Mrs. Jim and I met.  I wasn't looking for a wife but she was waiting, having been told by my roommate that "Jim might come." 
 - I wanted to write a First for 2020 for the Writer's Pantry even though I am still on Sabbatical. 

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 07, 2020 3:19:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Sweet. I believe you twisted but not too much. Ha

 
At Tuesday, January 07, 2020 7:20:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Whay a beautiful picture you painted wuith your words Jim, I really liked it.

 
At Tuesday, January 07, 2020 9:00:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Sweet! The fictional tale, and
also the true.

 
At Sunday, January 12, 2020 8:27:00 AM, Blogger hyperCRYPTICal said...

I am glad the future Mrs Jim was waiting - the beginning of magic!
Anna :o]

 
At Sunday, January 12, 2020 9:46:00 AM, Blogger Lori said...

"She smiled at me, that was my end" in that first moment, the first look. I also like the "twisted" and "turned," and yet the path led straight to her.

 
At Sunday, January 12, 2020 2:33:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

What a wonderful love-story.

 
At Sunday, January 12, 2020 3:15:00 PM, Blogger Myrna R. said...

Yes, a true love story. Wonderful.

 
At Sunday, January 12, 2020 4:33:00 PM, Blogger ZQ said...

haha Sweet!

 
At Sunday, January 12, 2020 4:57:00 PM, Blogger Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Lovely, sweet and romantic!

 
At Sunday, January 12, 2020 5:46:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Sigh...such a sweet poem

 
At Sunday, January 12, 2020 6:41:00 PM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A poem with a happy ending! Thanks for this, Jim.

 
At Sunday, January 12, 2020 7:29:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Love the picture—such a stunning sky—and the words left me smiling. I can see it happening, like in a movie... fast forwarding towards the unnavigable ever after.

 
At Monday, January 13, 2020 10:35:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Greetings! Had no idea your sabbitical included a trip of this magnitude! How wonderful. Full of romance I gather from this poem .....

 
At Tuesday, January 14, 2020 4:49:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

Very sweet, very meet cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home