Tuesday, December 31, 2019

A Last Poem for Bill and for the Imaginary Garden

 

Five Petaled Tulip 
(Photo by Jimmiehov)

Goodbyes

Goodbye is hard to say when one knows they on earth won't
see each other again

A farewell not enjoyed
Words we like not to hear
But "Goodbye" I must say

A goodbye we must say 
Our friendship here must end 
Part we must, wipe our tears

Goodbye now, Heaven waits 
_ _ _  

 - For our friend, Bill

 - I changed my write this morning. 
We have sadnes for a friend who just died. "Bill" is thirteen years younger than me and leaves a wife his age. Plus kids and grandkids as we. 
His funeral is today, January 2 at 11:00CDT.
We will not be able to attend.
Copied from onituary 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked with Kerry O'Connot in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-imaginary-garden-with-real-toads.html?m=1

 - This is a "Say it Again" poem linking to "KERRY ~ LET'S FIND OUR POETIC VOICE."
 - It will be' my last poem linked to our beloved Imaginary Garden which is closing today.

11 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 01, 2020 11:31:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

No waning! Just a transition.
Love to you and yours, Jim! And best wishes for a wonderful new year.

 
At Wednesday, January 01, 2020 1:50:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Oh... there are always ways to find new beginnings Jim. I think we will see each others again crossing paths.

 
At Wednesday, January 01, 2020 4:51:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Be my FaceBook friend ... I requested it already.

 
At Thursday, January 02, 2020 12:51:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

A sad farewell, Jim. But I believe will shall meet again.

 
At Thursday, January 02, 2020 2:02:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

I changed my write this morning. 
We have sadnes for a friend who just died. "Bill" is thirteen years younger than me and leaves a wife his age. Plus kids and grandkids as we. 
His funeral is today, January 2 at 11:00CDT.
We will not be able to attend.
..

 
At Thursday, January 02, 2020 4:41:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Condolences on the loss of your friend. Your poem is beautiful. In 2019, at different times, I lost two dear friends much younger than me, both of whom were like family. I'm glad, though, that our poetic family can still find places to meet online.

 
At Thursday, January 02, 2020 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Goodbyes always seem to take a piece of our heart (and a bucket of tears) with them. But we can hold on to the memories (and to the archive).

 
At Thursday, January 02, 2020 11:57:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Goodbyes are always tough for me. Memories become the blossoms with gather into bouquets.

 
At Saturday, January 04, 2020 1:19:00 AM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

I’m sorry for your loss.

 
At Saturday, January 04, 2020 8:29:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Jim.

 
At Thursday, February 06, 2020 10:54:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I'm sorry I missed this post at the end of December, Jim, and so sorry about your friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home