Friday, November 29, 2019

A Poem for the Weekend Mini-challenge



Breakfast 

I love my wife dearly
She doesn't cook me breakfast

My wife doesn't cook
I dearly love my breakfast

My breakfast loves me dearly
I doesn't cook my wife

My cook loves my wife
Me breakfast I dearly doesn't
_ _ _

- Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
- I'm linked with Kim Russell in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/11/weekend-mini-challenge-uncertainty-of.html?m=1

- Kim wishes as a Mini-challenge to write patterned on a poem written by a guest lecturer, Wendy Poe, in her class on the uncertainty of a poet.  Read it here, http://frombooksofpoems.blogspot.com/2007/03/uncertainty-of-poet-by-wendy-cope.html?m=1 .  You will see that I could have shown more mix ups  but my story has been told with the four couplets.  Plus I'm writing using my smartphone as my laptop has cratered.
 - Then too I'm readying for my sabbatical and hadn't planned posting for a few weeks.




Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At Friday, November 29, 2019 2:19:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Hey Jim! Your poem made me smile! Breakfast is the most important meal and sets us up for the day. Four couplets are plenty for a breakfast poem, Jim, and I understand the challenges of writing on your smartphone – I have similar problems with my Kindle. Have a restful sabbatical!

 
At Friday, November 29, 2019 9:19:00 AM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Kim, this one made me laugh aloud. The last couplet in particular. Better keep an eye on that cook. LOL!

 
At Friday, November 29, 2019 10:09:00 AM, Blogger  said...

I love love love this! Especially the last three lines. :)

 
At Friday, November 29, 2019 10:10:00 AM, Blogger  said...

Skip the sabbatical. Keep writing, please. <3

 
At Friday, November 29, 2019 10:15:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Haha, watch out for that cook! Don't cook your wife. The cook knows!

 
At Friday, November 29, 2019 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hahahahha this is absolutely delightful, Jim! ❤️

 
At Friday, November 29, 2019 12:22:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

"My wife doesnt cook. I dearly love my breakfast." I love it! Made me grin.

 
At Friday, November 29, 2019 4:27:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

This circular style seems to suit you Jim

 
At Friday, November 29, 2019 4:37:00 PM, Blogger Revived Writer said...

The second stanza is great! Haha!

 
At Friday, November 29, 2019 6:35:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

This was so good Jim as it ended in such confusion!

 
At Friday, November 29, 2019 7:30:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

This was great fun! And you ensure that we infer so much in the unsaid – masterly!

 
At Friday, November 29, 2019 11:00:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

So, you are serving your wife breakfast in bed I hope .....

 
At Saturday, November 30, 2019 2:36:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

OH this was so much fun... good thing that you didn't cook your wife even if she left with the cook.

 
At Saturday, November 30, 2019 4:31:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

Love this! Watch out for that cook ...lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home