Wednesday, October 30, 2019

A Poem not scary for Midweek Motiff


Ghosts and Ghouls 
 
To all the ghosts and ghouls who hear 
I've never believed you were real 
Though some may say they're surrounded 
by your howls and persistency 

Mother never taught me of you 
She was silent on the subject 
She'd have told had I need to know 
That's all because you were not there 

Growing up my life was simple 
Jack-o-lanterns and skeletons 
they graced our steps just like our kin's  
There's still no need for ghosts or ghouls 

Don't say I'm a Halloween Scrooge 
I have no fear for what is not 
 _ _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Sanaa Rizvi  at Poets United Midweek Motiff,  http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2019/10/poets-united-midweek-motif-million.html?m=1

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:20:00 AM, Blogger Jim said...

This was me growing up. Besides schoolhouse stuff, we only had eight through grade school and four of us were cousins, my mother taught me. We had no TV but I did learn a lot in a country high school, class of three for two years.
BTW, today is My BIRTHDAY.

 
At Wednesday, October 30, 2019 10:32:00 AM, Blogger Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Jim,

I loved your very detailed Ghosts and Ghouls experience, recalled in your poem. It is a funtime for children, although I never really embraced it fully, with my fear of fireworks and ghostly whispers!!

 
At Wednesday, October 30, 2019 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

😃😃nice one Jim

Much💞love

 
At Wednesday, October 30, 2019 12:19:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Happy Birthday, Jim! Many happy returns - but not ghostly ones. Smiles.

 
At Wednesday, October 30, 2019 1:33:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Happy Birthday Jim!

 
At Wednesday, October 30, 2019 2:52:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

Happy Birthday, Jim!❤️ Thank you for the wonderful poem!!

 
At Wednesday, October 30, 2019 7:59:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Happy Birthday Jim may all your birthdays be free of ghouls, ghosts and other paranormal phenomena.

 
At Thursday, October 31, 2019 4:13:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

A Halloween Scrooge! My husband is one.

 
At Thursday, October 31, 2019 7:44:00 AM, Blogger Other Mary said...

Happy Birthday and happy Halloween!

 
At Thursday, October 31, 2019 10:22:00 AM, Blogger Susan said...

What a stubborn voice, that both gives evidence and decries it at the same time. Love t!

 
At Saturday, November 02, 2019 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

A Halloween scrooge..love that.

 
At Saturday, November 02, 2019 2:36:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

“I have no fear for what is not.” Good one, Jim, and Happy Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home