Wednesday, December 18, 2019

A Prose Piece for Yesr's End ~~ in Tribute to Susan

Year End Tasks;
   they just come along

Creators of the masters 
close their year just as our 
writers here accomplish that 
unavoidable event. 

Even me, an amateur, 
"comme une tâche amateur." Or 
as I used to could show off that 
I did not put my pants on leg at 
time. I would jump into 
them with both feet performing 
the same task simultaneously. 

So what to do that must be 

done? It is told that "paying 
taxes and having babies are 
unavoidable tasks."  Better do the 
first, let those, you know what, 
do the other. 

And you know what? I'll write 

a little ditty and put it with the 
others' poems. And I could 
stand some "resolutions" 
this year. Like clean out my 
office/studio, wash the car, and 
kiss my spouse more often. 

She's a dandy. Or there be 

something else could be done, 
nice but not required of us.

How will your year end?
_ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am writing for Susan, her last week in charge at the 

Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Year's End

 http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2019/12/poets-united-midweek-motif-years-end.html?m=1


Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 18, 2019 3:23:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Still on Sabbatical and still sneaking writings. I'm going to study up some more on prose writing for poetry.
And if I answer your comment it likely will be late. Sorry, January 12 I'll be refreshed and worm out but hoping to be on track again.
..

 
At Wednesday, December 18, 2019 3:43:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

It's ok to slow down and proceed one leg at a time, one task at a time. And kissing? I hope that is not a task, though it sounds like a very positive resolution. Happy holidays, Jim.

 
At Wednesday, December 18, 2019 5:31:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I had to smile at jumping into pants two legs at a time. I can scarcely manage one leg without toppling sideways, lol. My year will end and the next begin in quiet peaceful solitud, with gratitude for another year on the planet, and hopes for more years ahead. We live in hope. Best wishes to you and Mrs Jim, Jim.

 
At Wednesday, December 18, 2019 5:53:00 PM, Blogger Eileen T O'Neill ..... said...

Jim,

I liked your thoughts about those pesky resolutions I promise and the fail to keep, for very long..I fall down, even with that one-legged trick you mentioned!!
Enjoy seeing the end of this year and best wishes for your plans for 2020:)

 
At Wednesday, December 18, 2019 8:50:00 PM, Blogger Joel (@Stranded Tree) said...

Many short thoughts here but I have to point out: "She's a dandy" (I have one of those, too) Thanks for sharing

 
At Thursday, December 19, 2019 4:28:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

I've given up on New Year resolutions, who cares what an old guy plans or doesn't?

 
At Friday, December 20, 2019 8:39:00 AM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

Ah! - those resolutions! I never stick to them... but a good plan, especially kissing your spouse more often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home