Monday, December 23, 2019

The Bear -- a Poem in tribute to Margaret




!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS 
and HAPPY HOLIDAYS !!!



.
. . .
.
.
.
.
. .
.
.

Teddy Bear Sleeps 

I lay here in my shoe box bed 
I have gently been laid to rest 
"Hibernation" to be polite 
It's Lala Land for us who wait 

I am 'The Bear' freshly repaired 
Sleeping beside my owner's ash 
We've been lovingly put to sleep 
Blissfully we wait for new life 

Adi Beagle Dog gladly went 
She's in Doggie Heaven with God 
Serving her New Master up there 
In spirit I'm there by her side 

Here my still, sleeping body waits 
In it I'm confined until when 
A new child or puppy will come  
'Slightly used' I'll return its love 

Again I'll cheerfully rejoice 
at their command, "Go get 'The Bear'"
 _ _ _ _ 

I write here to give tribute to Margaret who has lovingly for years given us pictorial inspiration to write a new piece of poetry.

 - Poem and Photo Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2019 and 2010 (https://jimmiehov.blogspot.com/2010/02/adi-beagle-dog-sister-midweek-blues.html?m=1 )
All Rights Reserved 

 - And pictured above my sister, Lois (link), is happy. Seems there is always a little job that somehow just waits for her.

 - Adi's Retirement (link
 - Adi retrieves her bear (YouTube link)


6 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 24, 2019 7:08:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

The ‘shoe box bed’ you write of brings back warm memories of my own stuffed animal and doll beds. The haiku you gifted me ... awesome! Merry Christmas ...

 
At Tuesday, December 24, 2019 1:42:00 PM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

Aww- wistful memories.

 
At Thursday, December 26, 2019 12:06:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

I like the point of view you offer on this prompt.

 
At Thursday, December 26, 2019 11:37:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Really nice one.
I had to get out my sewing kit to make a plushie repair on Christmas :)

 
At Thursday, December 26, 2019 1:55:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Ah, I can see Adi playing up there, still thinking of you.

 
At Friday, December 27, 2019 2:43:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

From a wonderful point of view.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home