Friday, December 20, 2019

A Sad Poem -- Garden is Closing


Imagine 

Imagine there's gardens no more 
Imagine they all fade away 
Imagine no place for flowers 
Imagine benches gone to stay 

Imagine all the tears there'd be 
Sad, like a lover went away 
Like sitting in a vacant lot 
Even the sun cries now and then
Buckets of tears old Sol does shed 

Imagine where we'll be playing 
Imagine the gray and the mud 
Imagine stretching heads above 
Imagine goo behind the pub 

Imagine our garden no more 
What will there be to take its place 
I don't want to know where minds share 
When this cheerful garden  does fade

I'm crying with the rest, the best 
You took me in, a flower wild 

Imagine 
_ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Marian in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/12/just-one-last-word-imagine.html?m=1

10 Comments:

At Friday, December 20, 2019 7:09:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

"Imagine there's gardens no more". Bad grammar but that is what I feel.
'Imagine there're gardens no more'

Again I had to sneak away from Sabbatical to write. I did get caught but forgiving is good here and punishment is light.
I hope to be able to comment more, my guard went to sleep again.
..

 
At Friday, December 20, 2019 7:24:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

You flaunt the word 'imagine' beautifully Jim, all at the right places. There are things imaginable not rightly forthcoming and we crave for them!

Hank

 
At Friday, December 20, 2019 7:33:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I hope we are never without gardens. Earth tries so hard to heal herself, whatever we do to her. Hope you have lovely holidays, Jim.

 
At Friday, December 20, 2019 7:36:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

My favorite words are “you took me in” ~~~ I feel that way too.

 
At Friday, December 20, 2019 8:24:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Poets United and dVerse are nice "gardens" but nothing will ever replace The Imaginary Toads :)

 
At Saturday, December 21, 2019 1:40:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

The final couplet makes this poem! Very thought-provoking.

 
At Saturday, December 21, 2019 7:50:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Aw, your last lines! Adore. No one is going anywhere, just not gathering in our usual spot.
Merry Christmas, Jim!!!!

 
At Saturday, December 21, 2019 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Old Egg said...

That is the problem. just when you are feeling comfortable you find the blog site is going to fold. How well you express my feelings too Jim. The prompts were always a challenge as well as a delight.

 
At Sunday, December 22, 2019 7:24:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

It was wonderful getting to know some of the folks in the garden. But I believe we'll still see each other hopping around in cyberspace.

 
At Sunday, December 22, 2019 11:12:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

This is lovely... and I hope we will find new gardens, new ponds to meet. All this places are great to meet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home