Wednesday, February 05, 2020

A Poem - Wednesday


               (A yam)  

I was the flower 
that didnt bloom 
Planted by an a-
ngel then she left 
Left alone I cried 
she didn't know 
Gangly ugly scared 
growing up strange 

Alone in a crowd 
I'm different 
Lonely I knew not 
what others had 
Two by two engrossed 
what did they know 
Blossoms of beauty 
enjoying life 

Unnoticed and dull 
here by the side 
Hoping now that  I 
am more mature 
We all can't be hunks 
or beauty queens 
That thought holding me 
still hope and dream 

Someone caring now I'm glad you came 
Not like others a 
Christmus Cactus 
Sweet considerate 
your inside shines 
Happy pair our in-
side bloom shines through 

My dream  


   (A Christmas Cactus)
 _ _ _ 

 - Photos and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019 and 2020, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked to Sanaa  Rizvi with Weekly Scribbles #5, at https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/2020/02/weekly-scribblings-5-mouthful-of-flowers.html?m=1

 - The Christmas Cactus is in our Breakfast Room in the corner by the back door.  It is at least seven years old and this year is its first time to bloom.  The yam was found on Wikipedia using a google search.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 05, 2020 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is such a lovely and heartening write, Jim!💝 I love how your poem teaches us that looks are not everything and that character is so much more significant. Thank you so much for writing to the prompt!😃

 
At Wednesday, February 05, 2020 12:58:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Oh my some orchids are like that. Happy Wednesday Jim

Much💝love

 
At Wednesday, February 05, 2020 2:44:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

What a lovely tale of a lovely plant! I like how sweetly romantic you made it, yet full of truth.

 
At Wednesday, February 05, 2020 4:03:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

May we always look deeper than the outside. You've written a beautiful reminder.

 
At Wednesday, February 05, 2020 5:56:00 PM, Blogger indybev said...

My mother had a Christmas cactus which had belonged to her mother which she nurtured carefully. She gave "starts" to grandchildren and they to theirs, and the grandmother's Christmas cactus now blooms from Illinois to Ohio to Texas! It is not the most beautiful of plants, but it has a strong spirit and when it blooms it is glorious!

 
At Thursday, February 06, 2020 1:05:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Oh Jim, the opening stanza brought tears to my eyes! I’m so glad you found your Christmas Cactus.

 
At Thursday, February 06, 2020 4:49:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

Jim it is good that you embraced your cactus, we all need a little love don't we!

 
At Thursday, February 06, 2020 9:39:00 PM, Blogger Joel (@Stranded Tree) said...

May everyone's bloom on the inside shine through to the world. Thank you for that thought, Jim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home