Saturday, February 15, 2020

My Poem - Artistic Interpretation

 - - - - My SIL had a stroke - - - - 
 - - - - last week.  I wonder - - - - 
 - - - - what it felt like to her.- - - 

My Clouds  

Awoke one saturday morning 
A stormy day coming for me 
Storm clouds gathering darkly gray 
Opened the door a crack to see 

Out of my grasp open it swung 
Gaping, wind and clouds gushing in 
They swooped me up afraid to fall 
With raspy voice clouds spoke to me 

Hold tight, one saying , don't you fall 
There was nothing else I could do 
Up we went to nowhere special 
Clouds stayed with me they didn't leave 


- - - later now - - - 

Dimly through the mist I can see 
Still holding tight I'll not let loose 
Clouds are all I have it's been years 
Feeling safe with them, here I stay 
 _ _ _ _ 


 _ _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov  2020, All Rights  Reserved
 - Photo courtesy of Sunday Muse at the link below
 - I'm linked with http://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2020/02/sunday-muse-95.html?m=1
 _ _ _ _

My sister-in-law was airlifted via helicopter Sunday morning to the Shreveport LSU Hospital. 
They gave her wonderful care, ER, ICR, and Friday discharged to her hometown hospital for inpatient therapy. 
She will have speech,  physical, and occupational therapy.   She has heavy needs in all those areas.
We, the rest of family, and many, many others are praying for her, her recovery, and loving family.

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At Saturday, February 15, 2020 10:30:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Out of my grasp open it swung
Gaping, wind and clouds gushing in
They swooped me up afraid to fall
With raspy voice clouds spoke to me

One can feel the sudden gush with your perfect word use, Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Saturday, February 15, 2020 10:39:00 AM, Blogger indybev said...

...and the moral of the story … don't open the door on a stormy morning! Good write, Jim!

 
At Saturday, February 15, 2020 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Yes a stormy and dark tale of clouds and life. I love your wonderful and dark take on the photo Jim! A thrilling read for sure!

 
At Saturday, February 15, 2020 1:05:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I can see those dark grey storm clouds.....we have our share of them on the coast. Nice to read you, Jim.

 
At Saturday, February 15, 2020 1:12:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Like your perspective on clouds ... Happy Sunday!

 
At Saturday, February 15, 2020 9:17:00 PM, Blogger Susan said...

See what happens when curiosity removes caution? Adventures in the clouds! I felt that by the end any storm danger had passed.

 
At Sunday, February 16, 2020 9:49:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

What an amazing story! The rush and the resolution was evocative of the storm.

 
At Sunday, February 16, 2020 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Other Mary said...

Keeping company with clouds suits you, Jim.

 
At Sunday, February 16, 2020 12:16:00 PM, Blogger tonispencer said...

Well, this is what happens when one opens the door during an intense storm.

 
At Sunday, February 16, 2020 3:10:00 PM, Blogger Vanessa Victoria Kilmer said...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your SIL.

 
At Sunday, February 16, 2020 3:36:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Van Horn said...

Let us know how your sister-n-law is doing. 💙

 
At Sunday, February 16, 2020 3:38:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

"Clouds are all I have it's been years / Feeling safe with them, here I stay " -- really like that. We stick with what we know, even if nothing really there other than the comfort of sameness.

 
At Sunday, February 16, 2020 6:08:00 PM, Blogger Millie said...

I am so sorry to hear about your sister-in-law. Hope she is able to recover.

Teresa @ Eden Hills

 

Post a Comment

<< Home