Tuesday, October 08, 2019

A Poem of Lament

I want to heal, I want to feel
What I thought was never real
I want to let go of the pain I felt so long
(erase all the pain til it's gone)
I want to heal, I want to feel,
Like I'm close to something real
I want to find something
I've wanted all along
Somewhere I belong
(Somewhere I Belong -- partial lyrics, by Linkin Park)
_ _ _ _ _

For that one and the music playlist by Sanaa at toads:

When There's Nowhere

What will I do
Where will I go
When will I know

Somewhere I belong
even though you've gone

My life is empty without you
I miss your touch and your feel
still I know
Somewhere I belong

Now that you're gone
and I've nothing left to own
nothing left of my feelings
feelings I had for you

But you're not here
and all I have to own

is in this little bottle
I'm taking contents now

And when I awake
there'll be another take
I don't know where it'll be
for sure you won't be

Goodbye now this world
Still even though I won't be
My remains here will be
but I will myself no longer be

You can cry for me now
I'm crying no more

Somewhere I belong
I'm finding it now
but not here ever more 

[Business Insider, 10/10/2019]
_ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with Sanaa Rizvi in the Imaginary Garden at  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/10/october-when-poets-dream-lament-and-sing.html?m=1 

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 08, 2019 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

'somewhere I belong even though you've gone' ~~ time for our dance.

 
At Tuesday, October 08, 2019 12:54:00 PM, Blogger robkistner said...

A poem of suicide, kinda disturbing — unless Imam reading this wrong? Which I certainly hope I am.

 
At Tuesday, October 08, 2019 1:23:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is heart-wrenchingly beautiful, Jim. Thank you so much for writing to the prompt ❤️

 
At Wednesday, October 09, 2019 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

a lament of such sadness! A poem of fiction, (for you) I certainly hope! but true for so many...

 
At Thursday, October 10, 2019 6:49:00 AM, Blogger Vivian Zems said...

This is so true of the many around us. You described the pain of loss vividly.

 
At Thursday, October 10, 2019 11:25:00 AM, Blogger Sreeja said...

So much grief...I wish whoever feels so be blessed with loving friends.

 
At Thursday, October 10, 2019 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

You make us see someone's despair so clearly. So sad to have no hope at all. I know this is fiction. You have written it well.

 
At Saturday, October 12, 2019 11:16:00 AM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Such a sad poem, very well done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home