Thursday, September 26, 2019

A Poem for Midweek Motif

The Birds and ... 

The birds and the bees
I never was told

My father started
but then he said, son
you've watched cows and pigs  

The birds and the bees
I never quite knew
The birds fly high and
little bees fly low

Busy buzzing bees 
sweet smelling flower 
blooms make honey sweet

Pretty birds are nice
find worms for the nest
and make stinky poo
 
And if size matters
then it's large and small
Feathers or fuzzy  

There had to be more
The Birds and the Bees
 "S" word was the clue 
for school boys and girls
 

 Wikipedia 
was interesting
I tried not much help
 
 (Thomas Carew first user) 
 _ _ _
 
 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Sumana Roy at Poets United, Poets United Midweek Motif ~ Honey / Bee, http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2019/09/poets-united-midweek-motif-honey-bee.html?m=1
 

Labels: , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Thursday, September 26, 2019 5:23:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ha ha, I like your take on this. And thanks for the links; Wikipedia was quite entertaining anyway.

 
At Thursday, September 26, 2019 11:08:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I was never told anything either. Totally clueless. Lol.

 
At Friday, September 27, 2019 12:41:00 AM, Blogger Sumana Roy said...

Haha...I came to know about this term when I was quite grown up. Thanks for the unique take on the prompt. Enjoyable.

 
At Saturday, September 28, 2019 7:16:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Ah... the days when we had to resort to the Encyclopedia and National Geographic!

 
At Sunday, September 29, 2019 4:06:00 AM, Blogger Jae Rose said...

What a fun take on the prompt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home