Sunday, September 08, 2019

A Sour Poem, not my Norm

The Birds and Me

The birds are singing
but I dont hear
No I'm not deaf but
my head says no
They aren't calling me
from me they run

The birds are singing
but not to me
I can't stand feathers
they make me itch
They dont like me and
I dont like them

I'm not a Scrooge but
Santa must go
My friends like the birds
they stay away
 _ _ _

 - Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Sherry  Blue Sky hosting "The Poetry Pantry" at Poets United, http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/2019/09/poetry-pantry-492.html?m=1

 - Sherry has hinted for a Cheerful World but I've had this song in my head before I woke up by the alarm this morning.
I generally have a smile on my face but I surely am not a bird lover.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At Sunday, September 08, 2019 5:46:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

LOL. This made me smile. Birdsong at dawn is not everyone's favourite. Luckily, I am rather deaf, so am not bothered!!!!

 
At Sunday, September 08, 2019 7:00:00 PM, Blogger Truedessa said...

ha - you better not come to my place as I have a bird and she likes to sing.

 
At Monday, September 09, 2019 6:08:00 AM, Blogger Old Egg said...

I am amazed Jim, there is nothing like birdsong in the morning to assure an old man like me that I am still alive...so cheep an sing on your lovelies!

 
At Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:28:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, you're allowed to be sour now and then! The poem is very well crafted.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home