Tuesday, August 27, 2019

A Tuesday Poem -- Reminiscing

They Read, You Read  

Who all my readers are 
I'll never know
Where my former student are 
I'll not know
But some I do know, 
tidbits, others a lot more

Basketball players, 

now professional.  
Big name team, 
they've  become 
big time players 

BS degree graduates, 

they call me down 
in supermarkets 
AA degree grads we 
might meet at an 
auto dealer repair 

Attorneys, 

from inspiration and ideas 
started in my classes, 
graduated from prestigious 
law schools 

Beauty pagent winners, 

one Miss USA

Friends and relatives - if and when each other we see

FaceBook friends and readers -- almost every time we meet

I'm proud of them, every one

They are pretty loyal folk, 
those who never leave a mark 
when they're here 

Then when by chance 

or by design, we visit 
it's a happy meeting 
for old time sake and 
catching up 

And if they don't read 
that's alright 
I remember anyway 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I am linked with Sanaa  Rizvi in the Imaginary Garden at https://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-tuesday-platform_27.html?showComment=1566884106803&m=1#c7355932696641967926

 - After 17 years of Aerospace Engineering work, mostly at NASA Houston, I changed careers.  I was a Business Professor and taught mostly Business Law and Entrepreneurship classes for 22 years.

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 27, 2019 5:38:00 AM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

This is such a heartfelt write, Jim 💖💖💖

 
At Tuesday, August 27, 2019 6:15:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

I wonder which of my teachers remember the curly haired, study-a-holic I used to be.

 
At Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:07:00 AM, Blogger Kerry O'Connor said...

A fitting ode to the unknown reader and students past.

 
At Tuesday, August 27, 2019 8:29:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

The joy you get from such memories is surely well-deserved.

 
At Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:04:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

I like this, especially the end... yeah, that's all right.

 
At Wednesday, August 28, 2019 2:12:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

This is something I would have loved in being a teacher. I did teach a bit, but only at university when I was a graduate student... and still it happens that I meet someone somewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home