Wednesday, September 25, 2019

A Poem for an experiment in Synesthesia

I just wanna be sure 

I just wanna be sure 
Tall green stalks of corn 
Their leaves green and long 
But our love's cooling off  

I just wanna know 
Leaves with yellowing tips 
And stalks bending brown 
Will you hold me tight tonight 

I just wanna find a hue 
Their embers burning red 
Red green yellow brown 
May we burn blue tonight 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2019, All Rights Reserved
 - I'm linked with Susie Clevenger in the Imaginary Garden at http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2019/09/bits-of-inspiration-colors-in-song.html?m=1

 - Today we are by listening to one of five players furnished by Susie to see if we were inspired to write using the colors the inspired using our song.  I chose an Ella Henderson song where she sang a song I call, "I just wanna know." My colors were red, green, yellow, brown, and blue.

 - Susie calls our experience an experiment with Synesthesia, particularly the color of music.  My colors popped out after I thought of those cornfields.  
..

Labels: , , ,

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:44:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I love this, Jim! A beautiful response to Ella's beautiful singing/song.

 
At Wednesday, September 25, 2019 9:04:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I also love this!! I have not listened to Ella’s music, now I will.

 
At Wednesday, September 25, 2019 3:23:00 PM, Blogger Linda Lee Lyberg said...

What a gorgeous response Jim!

 
At Wednesday, September 25, 2019 10:36:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

This may be a favorite of all the poems you have written. Really well done.

 
At Thursday, September 26, 2019 2:47:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I like the repetition in this poem, Jim, a voice calling out for reassurance, and the alliteration in the final line is potent.

 
At Thursday, September 26, 2019 7:07:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Excellent response, Jim!

 
At Monday, September 30, 2019 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, I think this is one of my favorites from you. "I just want to find a hue." Love that...Thank you so much for taking part in the prompt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home