Thursday, April 20, 2017

NaPoWriMo 2017, Day 20 -- a Poem, Crows




Fourteen Crows
 
Fourteen crows came knocking at my door
The leader said to me, come outside
That was a mistake for me to go
But I went.
 
Again the leader asked me to bow
Bow to him as he was new in charge
I told him, Phewie, then turned and left
Not so fast.
 
Those fourteen crows quickly blocked my path
You can't go, we are taking your house
A place for the new world headquarters
I'll break your line.
 
Their line was tough as a steel cable
Speedy breakthrough was of no avail
Called my daughter, bring my gun, loaded
They cut my line.
 
Cutting the line did nothing for them
It was my cell phone that I had used
The call went through, my gun was coming
Birds understood not.
 
Their threat had weakened just a little
And things were looking a bit brighter
She arrived, handed me the weapon
Crows approached, mean look.
 
I had that shotgun on my shoulder
Took aim and fired the first round of shots
Three fell dead, I was getting ahead
Then I awoke.
_ _ _ _ _
 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright © 2017 Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved
.
 - I'm linked withat the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads, Corvid and sit a while,  http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/2017/04/fireblossom-friday-corvid-and-sit-while.html
  - - - and   
 - also to Day Twenty of NaPoWriMo, http://www.napowrimo.net/day-twenty-4/

  
 The instructions: "So, write about crows, or from the point of view of a crow, or use them as metaphors. Just write about crows!"
 
 - Note:  The birds in my picture may not have been crows.  If not, they are related vultures.
 

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Thursday, April 20, 2017 2:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the surprise ending!

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:28:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oy, waking up with a gunshot ringing in your head can't have been pleasant.

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2017 3:45:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh my what a dream... Crow hunting doesn't make sweet dreams

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2017 4:45:00 PM, Blogger De Jackson said...

Man. What a dream. Well done.

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2017 5:01:00 PM, Blogger Sanaa Rizvi said...

I love this! Beautifully penned, Jim ❤️

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2017 6:56:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, you had me sucked right in. Often the 'then I woke up' ending is a cop-out, but in this case it works beautifully.

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:00:00 PM, Blogger Fireblossom said...

Those look more like guineas to me.

 
At Friday, April 21, 2017 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Marian said...

Whew! Though waking up to a gunshot is no treat, either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home