Friday, June 09, 2023

Needs be, before I die? -- Poem for Friday Writings


This KP, my youngest grandchild at
age seven, she'll be fourteen this July 
Picture Copyright 2016, Jimmiehov, All Rights Reserved 


      I'm a dreamer

I'm a dreamer, I've always been 
When I was young, had a wish list 
Now I am old, its name has changed 
Bucket list now, that's what it's called 

There're things I want, and stuff that needs  
Climb the South pole, buy a Corvette 
Outlive my wife, 'tend her funeral 
Things like those, a hill of beans 

So when I stand, tall on the pail 
Have no regrets, give it a kick 
_ _ _  

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2016 and 2023, All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with Rommy for the prompt, at Friday Writings #80  
 - Rommy's Bucket List Stuff: 
Rommy has invited us to write about something on our bucket list (either something we have done or still have yet to do).
 - Back in 2012 I also had written about my then diminishing Bucket List, read of it, click hereclick here 
.. 

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

At Friday, June 09, 2023 4:27:00 AM, Blogger Penelope Notes said...

What an adorable picture of your grandchild with the rather large bucket! They say in life we regret the things we didn't do. In reading your words and seeing the size of that bucket, it seems you have done a lot already and even have room for more!

 
At Friday, June 09, 2023 5:44:00 AM, Anonymous Rajani said...

I agree... it's nice to have an aspirational wish list, but it shouldn't be tied to regret if not fulfilled. I've done a little bit of travelling, now my list seems to revolve around writing more and better things.

 
At Friday, June 09, 2023 8:44:00 AM, Blogger Brother Ollie said...

Jim - this is a beautiful poem. Simple, true and authentic.

 
At Friday, June 09, 2023 8:28:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh, I love your kick-the-bucket list! And also the joyous photograph.

 
At Friday, June 09, 2023 9:41:00 PM, Blogger colleen said...

Wish list or bucket list. I like the twist.

 
At Saturday, June 10, 2023 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

A life without regrets is the best of all!

 
At Saturday, June 10, 2023 2:55:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

My first bucket lists were in reality (goal lists) ... really enjoyed this, Dr. Jim.

 
At Saturday, June 10, 2023 3:42:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

No regrets sounds good to me!

 
At Monday, June 12, 2023 9:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lovely simplicity about this poem...well done !......RALL

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2023 7:14:00 AM, Anonymous Sunra Rainz said...

What a lovely joyous photo and such sweet sentiments in your poem, Jim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home