Sunday, April 30, 2023

April -- NaPoWriMo 2023 Day 30 -- Mad Money -- and a Poem for Sunday Muse


     Wasted time and money

    Mama had warned her 
    "Spend your mad money
    very cautiously" 

    She didn't heed her  
    Now she wished she would 
    Save it for the time 

    Time you really need 
    Mad because your date 
    Didn't play fairly

    You imagine when 
    Times I've warned come true 
    Naughty naughty he 

    Sorry this came true 
    Walk home now you must 

        _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Carrie for the Photo from her selections for the Sunday  Muse #257 at 
 - I am also linked with NaPoWriMo, National Poetry Writing Month, Day 30, 
 - Our suggested prompt is  follows"(. . . optional) prompt.  It wasn't compatible with any of Carrie's pictures so I opted out."  
 - It's a ditty with five syllable lines, I call it a half Sonnet
.. 

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Sunday, April 30, 2023 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Pretty thankful I never had to make the trek home ~ alone. Ugh. Happy Sunday to you and Mrs. Jim.

 
At Sunday, April 30, 2023 12:18:00 PM, Anonymous Angela said...

They will never listen I suppose that's life - I probably didn't heed my parent's advice either! ❤️

 
At Sunday, April 30, 2023 3:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess one needs to stash some of that mad money ..`Truedessa

 
At Monday, May 01, 2023 6:25:00 AM, Blogger Keith's Ramblings said...

Learning the hard way!

 
At Monday, May 01, 2023 4:38:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Burtt said...

Always wise to save for a rainy day. Wishing you a wonderful week my friend!

 
At Sunday, May 07, 2023 3:13:00 PM, Blogger Manja Mexi said...

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your final words. I included them in my cento alongside other final Day 30 lines by fellow poets. Please find it here:

https://manjameximexcessive6.wordpress.com/2023/05/07/four-april-centos-no-1/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home