Monday, April 17, 2023

April -- NaPoWriMo 2023 Day 17 -- Is there a problem? -- a Quadrille Poem for dVerse writing

      

         [Click on any picture for larger viewing]


        Danger Wheel


Big Wheel turns and I'm not on it 

Round and round it goes up and 'round

My love is there thinks safe and sound


She sits, with her “brother”, she says

Revolutions she does not count

Not while he's there, him I like not

             _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2010 and 2012 for Ferris Wheel shots, see text below, and 2023 the Poem, All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with Kim at Quadrille #174:You say you want a Revelution, to, 
 
 - Kims's instructions, "the quadrille, it’s simply a poem of 44 words, excluding the title. It can be in any form, rhymed or unrhymed, metered, or unmetered. You MUST use the word “Revolution” or some form of the word in your poem . . . 
 - Click here to view other participants' Quadrille efforts 
 -  I am also linked with Day Seventeen, NaPoWriMo, where we were instructed to write a In the poem, try to make a specific comparison between some aspect of the plant’s lifespan and your own – or the life of someone close to you. Also, include at least one repeating phrase, As you can see, I did not follow this prompt instruction which is optional.  I had a 'Repeating Phrase' but I took it out to get down to 44 word, our limit for dVerse todayhttps://www.napowrimo.net/day-seventeen-9/
    
...  




.


A modern Ferris wheel was at our county fair Texas rodeo, the County Fair at Brenham, Texas, on September 17, 2010 .  It was the first one we had seen in a long time, this time we went on request.  We had a guest from France, friend of our son, who had wanted to see a bull riding contest.  She was not disappointed. 

We have ridden on this old 1923 Ferris wheel, it belonged to a fellow in our car club.  And yes, one time it stopped working while we were on top.  It took quite a while to get us off, I'm not real sure how we passed our time up there. 
..

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At Monday, April 17, 2023 6:29:00 PM, Anonymous JadeLi said...

Jim, I enjoyed your lively post.

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2023 2:46:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

A big wheel quadrille, my first one, and I’m with you, Jim. I wouldn’t get on it either. I’m content to watch.

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2023 7:21:00 AM, Blogger paeansunplugged said...

Hmmm! I would also not like someone else with my spouse on the big wheel! I enjoyed this, Jim.

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2023 9:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great take Jim 🙌 (AJ)

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2023 12:57:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I will never ever ride another Ferris wheel ... got really sick when I was around 13 or so, never forgot. Roller coasters ... ok.

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2023 2:15:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

I have not been on one since I was very young... and it was quite slow and boring I remember.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home