Sunday, April 09, 2023

April -- NaPoWriMo 2023 Day 09, a Love Poem Sonnet, also with The Sunday Muse

 

Love's Sweet Song 
 
Do ra me fa so la, so sings your song 
You are sweet music to my yearning ears 
Before we had met my heart was a void 
Empty, waiting for you to come along 

When I first saw you my heart heard your song 
A sweet tune, melody it recognized 
Picked up by my organs, liver, stomach 
Eyes and ears, they're calling to me, loudly, 

"Give her a look, she's like her song, so sweet" 
I took their word--sang back my song to you 
Your heart picked up my tune replied to me 
I was so glad, very, you'd noticed me 

Do ra me fa so la, it's you and me 
I love your all, you've made my life complete 
_ _ _ 
_ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo from Carrie's selection at the Sunday Muse #254, at   https://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/2023/04/sunday-muse-254.html?m=1 
 -  I am also linked with Day Nine, NaPoWriMo, where we were instructed to write a Love Sonnet Poem, 
 - I've written several love poems, this one isn't the best, I'm sure.
My first love poem, written in 2010, with directions imbedded, is here,
http://jimmiehov6.blogspot....

.. 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Sunday, April 09, 2023 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

This is very sweet, Jim. I loved it.

 
At Sunday, April 09, 2023 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Happy Easter Jim.

Much💖love

 
At Monday, April 10, 2023 12:29:00 AM, Blogger robkistner said...

Tender and romantic Jim, and I like the way you incorporated the Solfége in your piece — very cool… and it definitely resonated for me. 👍🏼🐰🐣✌🏼🙂

 
At Monday, April 10, 2023 4:37:00 AM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

A very sweet song of love, Jim!

 
At Monday, April 10, 2023 9:33:00 AM, Blogger Keith's Ramblings said...

Words, music, love! Delightful.

 
At Monday, April 10, 2023 11:14:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I am imagining you singing along with the beautiful Bird.

 
At Monday, April 10, 2023 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Burtt said...

Sweet and wonderful my friend!

 
At Tuesday, April 11, 2023 6:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very sweet poem.....Rall

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2023 7:51:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

A sweet, musical love song!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home