Tuesday, April 18, 2023

April -- NaPoWriMo 2023 Day 18 -- My Cat - and a dVerse Poem for Poetics

 

              

            Cat in the Window 


Cat in the window, yes we could go out 
Out where there's giants, giants and monsters 
They'd outrun your legs, small legs carry you  

You think there's there, food on the wild 
Birds and mice for you, those are scarce for cats 
Monsters, giants, hawks, the bane of all cats 

Harness I could buy, put you on a lease 
We tried that before, that you did not like
You balked, wouldn't walk, be different this time? 

Best view from the house, I say "you stay there"
        _ _ _ 
 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2010 and 2023 respectively, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with  at dVerse Poetics Day, the prompt being  "Windows"  
 - I am also linked with NaPoWriMO, National Poem Writing Month, who has a different prompt or order of rhymes, which is optional 
 - Amber was a rescue cat who lived with us for her last four years.  She was our daughter's cat, very old, too old to take being quarentibned to come to London where the Daughter was working.  To see her more  please click here.  
 - To read other poems about "windows" click here.
.. 

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 19, 2023 3:17:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I enjoyed your cat in the window, Jim. I have two cats and one just loves to sit on the windowsill and watch activity I the garden. The other prefers to go out and explore it.

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2023 5:19:00 AM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

One of our cats was a window cat. He'd run from window to window if he saw something outside he needed to keep watch on. Thanks for sharing.

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2023 10:23:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

My daughter's cat .. Yoda, loves window gazing. Enjoy your day, Jim.

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2023 12:56:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer Wagner said...

Ha! Cats do think they can take on the world, don't they? I know mine does! I'd add coyotes to my list of kitty "monsters" where I'm at.

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2023 1:41:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Cats are often too confident for their size... and even worse than monsters there are the cars.

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2023 3:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love it ❤️(AJ)

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2023 4:52:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Nice one Jim

Much💖love

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2023 9:44:00 AM, Anonymous ben Alexander said...

Cat + Window = Love

~ a classic truth, Jim, and a lovely poem!

Sincerely,
David
SkepticsKaddish.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home