Friday, April 21, 2023

April -- NaPoWriMo 2023 Day 21 -- and "Time" for a Write for Friday Writings


        Keeping Time

It has been said, “time affects all things”
Between you and me that's all hooey   
I have "time" in the house most every room 
Micky Mouse, digital, wall, and stove 

Seems every "time" I need my flashlight 
I have to find it, no place of it's own 
Songs like "time", they make use several "times"
"You picked a fine "time" to leave me," Lucy 

Lunch "time" is the best, my mom comes to mind, 
"Have fireman lunch today, dessert first" 
       _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Rommy at the Friday  Writings #73  at  
  - I am linked with NaPoWriMoNational Poem Writing Month, for writing Day 21. You can see the instructions and will be able to read others' writings there at  
 - Magaly/Rommy has asked us to "find (writing) inspiration in the phrase “time affects all things”"
 - The bottom clock is in Dubrovnik, Croatia and the Hall Clock above is ours, old English, 1800s, we have clocks in most every room.  
 -These are our collector clocks, 
 .. 

Labels: , , ,

14 Comments:

At Thursday, April 20, 2023 11:18:00 PM, Blogger Priscilla King said...

Clock collections are fun!

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2023 11:31:00 PM, Anonymous Rajani said...

Those old clocks look lovely!!!

 
At Friday, April 21, 2023 12:27:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

That was fun! And yes, lovely clocks.

I didn't write specifically for this prompt (I ran out of time, lol) but I had been thinking along similar lines of arguing with the statement. But perhaps the fact that I ran out of time proves it instead.

 
At Friday, April 21, 2023 4:47:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

Great Idea, Jim. I think I'd like a fireman lunch today!

 
At Friday, April 21, 2023 5:09:00 AM, Anonymous Charlene Delfin said...

I love clocks, that song about Lucy, and poems about time. This is the first time I'm learning about fireman lunch, though. Wanna try it.

 
At Friday, April 21, 2023 7:05:00 AM, Blogger Penelope Notes said...

Yes, clocks are ticking everywhere non-stop to remind us time is limited so let's have fun whenever/wherever we can! :)

 
At Friday, April 21, 2023 7:07:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

Love the humor, the Lucy line an the last lines!

 
At Friday, April 21, 2023 9:30:00 AM, Blogger vanderloost said...

Quite a collection Jim. I love grandfather clicks with their huge pendulums.

 
At Friday, April 21, 2023 9:31:00 AM, Blogger vanderloost said...

Sorry typo clocks

 
At Friday, April 21, 2023 1:43:00 PM, Blogger paeansunplugged said...

Fireman lunch for me too, Jim!

 
At Friday, April 21, 2023 7:41:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

However, my good friend ... do you have time in a bottle? Cheers.

 
At Friday, April 21, 2023 9:02:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

I've not heard about the fireman's lunch! Makes sense to get the good stuff first in case you're interrupted, which they often are!

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2023 5:45:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

I'd never heard of a Fireman's Lunch before!

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2023 8:17:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

First time hearing about a fireman's lunch.
We once have a 'clock' in our workplace which supplies pulses to charge for international calls. Of course it doesn't look like any clock, it is all relays and capacitors, but it still gives us printouts of dates and times. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home