Thursday, February 02, 2023

Around and Around - a write for Friday Writings

 - Rommy has invited us to use ‘pivot’ (or any variation of the word) in our poetry or prose.  Pivot:  NOUN -- the central point, pin, or shaft on which a mechanism turns or oscillates.  central shaft fulcrumaxis axleswivelpinhub  
 To see, read, other "spinning" writes I have posted go to the link below: 

 

Ceiling Pivot; Palace Prison 

    Perched way up high 
It's hot up here     
    Ceiling fan my perch 
Can't scratch my nose     
    Sleeping most times 
Sans sleeping pills     
    Hide from the light 
My eyes are trained     
    Turned on at dusk 
Spot intruders     
    'til comes midnight 
They'd best not stay     


    When nights are hot 
Might sweat a lot     
    Ceiling fan goes on
Blades pivoting     
    Cools the air 
I hang on tight     
    Turns round and round  
Blades turning fast     
    Hanging on tight 
Don't dare get down     
    Don't want to fall 
No one to catch     
    Spin 'round the light 
Until it stops     

Note:  This is a four-verse, four-syllable-per-line write.  You can read four ways, down each column separately as single writes, down one way followed by down the second, or across the page, not minding the gap.  
 - - - 

[large picture] [super sized]
 Here we have a view of a ceiling in a bedroom.
This was while we toured the Royal Yacht Britannia during our visit to Edinburgh, Scotland. 

 While there we found this pretty stuffed bear riding on top of a ceiling fan in one of the bedrooms. We have no explanation for why it was there.  
Outside there were a few clouds, see the pictures at the bottom.  Our daughter below, KP, was with us for this overseas visit.

[large picture] [super sized]

 I have previously posted the items below the Note and the Ceiling Fan above on Friday 17, 2008, when I participated in the Sky Watch activity.  That group is still going except I would get sooo many comments that I could not afford the time taken to answer on the other's posts.

- Poem Copyrite, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved 
- I am linked with Rommy (see her above directions) at the Friday Writings at  
..

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Friday, February 03, 2023 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Maybe some kid left him there.

I thought of two ways to read your poem, but not four until I read your notes. Very successfully done!

 
At Friday, February 03, 2023 2:27:00 AM, Anonymous Rajani said...

Oh wow, 4 ways!! I struggle to write one-way poems! The yacht sounds lovely... and Edinburgh is so worth a visit!

 
At Friday, February 03, 2023 8:30:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

A quadruple yummy writing treat ... dizzy when I try to read it too fast. LOL

 
At Friday, February 03, 2023 8:45:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

Ha ha! I love that unlikely spot for a bear. It's hot up here! Sometimes we just accept our circumstances and try to make the best of them.

 
At Friday, February 03, 2023 1:23:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

What a playful piece! LOL, seeing the bear there would have made me smile.

 
At Tuesday, February 07, 2023 10:17:00 AM, Blogger vanderloost said...

Its like a crossword puzzle

 
At Thursday, February 09, 2023 7:27:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

I love the bear in the ceiling fan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home