Monday, January 23, 2023

Rabbit Cooling It - a Poem for dVerse Quadrille Monday


National Pie Day

Little Rabbit came looking for 
a leftover pie 
He knew how to enter the fridge 
and looked all around 
Sipped and sampled the goodies all 
pie he found nothing
But danged if he knew the way out 
Wait for you to let 

Ice-cold Bunny 
_ _ _

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved 
 - I've used the rabbit picture before, first in 2008 (link) as my Easter Rabbit surprise. I have no idea where it originated, it came on a chain e-mailing.
 - I am linked with Mish for dVerse Quadrille Monday #168, prompt today "Ice",  at 
 - Quadrille Monday's poetry has exactly 44 words 
 - To reads other's Quadrille poems, go here,
    Perhaps you would like to write these also 
 - In the U.S. we celebrate National Pie Day, Bing Search My favorite is Apple Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream 
 - Bloggers also write for Pi Day, internationally, Bing Search.  I generally write and post for that, see mine here.

Labels: , , , , ,

13 Comments:

At Monday, January 23, 2023 2:40:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

Ha poor bunny, maybe there will rabbit pie for dinner.

 
At Monday, January 23, 2023 2:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my!! I do hope there is no rabbit pie. I have to ask if the image inspired the poem or vice versa?

 
At Monday, January 23, 2023 2:57:00 PM, Blogger Jim said...

Thanks for asking. Pie Day inspired the poem first, I wanted to match the prompt word also, thought of my previously used Rabbit waiting in the Fridge picture. When I searched the other mathematics word "Pi" I found I had used it there also.
..

 
At Monday, January 23, 2023 3:17:00 PM, Anonymous Kim said...

As long as he's not for dinner!!!

 
At Monday, January 23, 2023 8:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny bunny :D

 
At Monday, January 23, 2023 9:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor bunny, he is in quite the situation ` Truedessa

 
At Monday, January 23, 2023 11:04:00 PM, Blogger Mrityunjay Dixit said...

Poor bunny!

 
At Monday, January 23, 2023 11:07:00 PM, Blogger K.Hartless said...

hehe. He was a hare to slow, I suppose. ;)

 
At Monday, January 23, 2023 11:41:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Happy Chinese Lunar year. Hope your bunny did not freeze.

Much❤love

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2023 1:49:00 AM, Anonymous ben Alexander said...

This is super amusing and cute, Jim

~David
SkepticsKaddish.com

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2023 2:51:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

I would love to know how that rabbit really got into the fridge! I hope it didn’t end up in a pie.

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2023 4:13:00 AM, Anonymous Jewish Young Professional "JYP" said...

That is quite the story! Glad you got a photo

 
At Tuesday, January 24, 2023 5:29:00 AM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

Poor cold rabbit! I knew of Pi Day in March, but not Pie Day. Hope you enjoyed a slice or two!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home