Monday, January 16, 2023

Sunny Day Painting - a Write for dVerse Prosery

Me on our Alaska 2005 cruise excursion to the Yukon 
[click here for larger view]


Sunny day, I drive up to North Yukon's greenery, yellow dandelions and purple violets.  Spring had sprung, trees were green, shimmering water in streams and lakes was clear sky blue.  The trees' wet and shiny green new leaves shimmered too; the firewood turning gray they'd save it for next fall. (50

My old truck helped the scene, its fenders rusting green, trusty old Ford pickup made nineteen-forty-one.  Put me in the picture, driving clothes gave semblance of humanity's warmth.  Viewers would want to join blues in jeans and jacket, red and white shirt, white shoes. (44)

Bumper, bed boards, and chrome Fences, siding and roof, propane tank and faucets, with the chair all blend in.  Artists call them fillers.  My painting brush goes wild with colors abounding.  Seems as everything I do is stitched with its color. (41) 

The brush does not mind, it enjoys the pozazz.  (9) 

Notes:  
   1. I think this would stand alone without illustrations, what say you? 
   2. My Grandfather H had an old truck of this model, real pretty back then.  
     I rode with him a lot, hauling his stud horse around to visit the neighbors.
 _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copryight, Jimmiehov 2023, All rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with MSJADELI IN PROSERY for dVerse Prosery at
 -We were instructed to use the phrase of W.S. Merwin’s line of poetry, "everything I do is stitched with its color.  Our directions were to write a poem with 144 words or less, I chose the 144 challenge, the paragraph ending numbers are the number of words in its write.
 - Click here for a showing of links to the others' writings 
..

Labels: , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 17, 2023 12:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You had an interesting growing up. You describe your memories with much feeling and I appreciate your sharing. It gives us all a chance to reminisce about our own memories!

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2023 2:41:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

This is a story so vivid with colors... maybe we see our past in brighter colors than the present

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2023 3:01:00 PM, Anonymous JadeLi said...

Jim, I appreciate you tweaking your poem to fit the prosery form. I enjoyed reading your ekphrastic realism and am delighted by the photo you wrote about and how you wove the given line into it. I can feel the affection you have for the time and the setting it was taken in.

 
At Tuesday, January 17, 2023 8:38:00 PM, Anonymous Teresa said...

Love the imagery of the old truck.

 
At Wednesday, January 18, 2023 6:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What vivid imagery. The colours are stitched into your words too.

 
At Saturday, January 21, 2023 8:03:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

new-Mrs. Jim-to-be found me when I wasn't expecting. We've been married now for a long, long time. Married life is great in a different, maybe confining, way.

Your above response to my previous posting illustrates similar traits of freedom and adventure also in above posting. You have a knack of creating activities that you enjoy and loving it. Life is fulfilling at every turn. Wishing you well Dr Jim for 2023!

Hank

 
At Monday, January 23, 2023 11:02:00 PM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Vividly told, Jim. You took us into the scenery. Thanks for sending me the link.

Much❤love

 

Post a Comment

<< Home