Thursday, December 15, 2022

My Puppy Dog - a Poem for Friday Writings


Adi has retired from Pet Partners (URL

       I loved my dog  

I loved my dog, we had a bond 
I loved my dog, she was my pal 
I loved my dog, she was a gift 

A gift to me from my daughter 
A gift to me making happy 
A gift in time of puppy need 

Puppy needed some daytime care 
Puppy needed her nerves be soothed 
Puppy needed to live with me 

I loved my dog, she was a gift 
A gift in time of puppy need 
Puppy needed to live with me 

Her name was Adi, I miss her 
Adi died 2012 


_ _ _ 

A Notice:  Now that Thanksgiving has past, I am now posting Christmas Tree stuff on my Christmas Tree Farm blog.  See it at 
_ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with Rosemary at Friday Writings #57, at     
 - Rosemary has invited us to use repetition in our writing.  
.. 

Labels: , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Thursday, December 15, 2022 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

What a beautiful use of repetition! And what a little treasure of a dog!

 
At Friday, December 16, 2022 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

it's impossible to forget a close canine friend. Thanks for this remembrance of Adi, Jim. Merry Christmas!

 
At Friday, December 16, 2022 3:27:00 PM, Blogger Priscilla King said...

I can see why you still miss her!

 
At Friday, December 16, 2022 4:32:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Sigh. I know that feeling. My dog has been gone for a long time, too... And reading your poem brings all the ache (and the good memories) back.

 
At Saturday, December 17, 2022 9:51:00 AM, Anonymous Rajani said...

Precious!!! How beautifully you bring back the memories...

 
At Tuesday, December 20, 2022 12:28:00 AM, Blogger Su-sieee! Mac said...

Such sweetness. I miss our Molly the Cat who last purred in May of this year.

 
At Saturday, December 24, 2022 2:58:00 AM, Blogger jossina said...

I understand this beautiful and sad memory , nicely written

 

Post a Comment

<< Home