Thursday, December 01, 2022

Sleeping Poor - a Poem for the Friday Writings


    My Bleeding Heart 

Mention not my bleeding heart 
Tales peoples of crass desires 
Tired of hearing my lament 
Their cold hearts seldom do bleed 

Tender hearted that I am 
Would they rather be hearing 
What woes of life's given me 
Which I'd never ever tell 

Life's hidden, my restless sleep 
Tear spots on my pillowcase  
The blood on my clean white sheets 
There tells the story I won't 

Life has left me bleeding heart 
Losses, love, animals, friends    
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem and Alligator Photo Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Magaly at the Friday Writings # 55,   https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/search/label/Friday%20writing%20prompts?m=1 
 - Magaly has invited us to create poetry or prose that includes a “bleeding heart” (figuratively or literally).   
 - Alligator we found in the Florida Everglades 

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, December 01, 2022 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ooh, a new departure for you, Jim, going darker! It speaks to me very much.

 
At Friday, December 02, 2022 2:46:00 AM, Blogger Priscilla King said...

Why tell stories people don't understand or appreciate, indeed.

 
At Friday, December 02, 2022 2:47:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Cold hearts rarely do anything positive or productive. Best keep our stories (and selves) away from that frostiness.

 
At Saturday, December 03, 2022 12:02:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Life has left me bleeding heart
Losses, love, animals, friends

Life can be unfair at times. Classic wordcraft Dr Jim!

Hank

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2022 8:07:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

I agree with Rosemary. This is darker territory than you usually tread. Perhaps to write about a bleeding heart, this is the choice of style. :)

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2022 11:57:00 AM, Blogger Su-sieee! Mac said...

Yours is a tender heart, Jim.

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2022 5:14:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Oh, I feel this one. My heart is bleeding. I can't believe it will be a year in January my Cynthia Dawn left us.

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2022 6:55:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

Some people will never understand. But what a comfort it is when we find the ones who do.

 
At Monday, December 05, 2022 2:31:00 AM, Blogger jossina said...

Yeah Jim we all know sensitive hearts will always bleed. And there will always be some who understand too. Let God console. Beautifully written

 
At Wednesday, December 07, 2022 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Tender hearts are often the most generous hearts. It really is a choice, wallow in misery or keep eyes focused ahead, embracing all and learning from it. Well penned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home