Friday, October 21, 2022

Crazy? - a Poem for Friday Writing

     “I think perhaps all of us go a little crazy at times.” 
                                            ~ Psycho, by Robert Bloch 

      Yesterday

Yesterday I wasn't feeling so well 
It wasn't being sick to my stomach 
Haven't been that way since I partied well 
That was back in 1975 
The party was for me, new graduate. 

I blamed my ills on a 
firefly elf 
She lights up at nights 
never know when she'll come 
She'll bring me good or 
sometimes bad 
And other times she'll 
appear when she just 
wants to talk 

I can hear her coming, the 
roar of her yellow Corvette 
It was bedtime for me and 
my trying to sleep 
That didn't happen so I turned TV on 
First "Murder She Wrote" killing 
was had when I heard her drive up 

Last night I thought it was 
to talk 
She sat on my knee
and read a book 
I think she wants a 
promotion 
To the rank of genie 

Now genies are rude 
but that's not her style 
She practices on me from her book 
I noted the cover 
Title was 
"Pain and Illness Infliction 101"
 _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Magaly at the Friday Writings #49,
 - Magaly wants us to draw inspiration from noted authors she had produced; I chose Robert Bloch who penned Psycho.  A line is pasted above this poem. 
 - The Yellow Corvette belongs to the father of another of my neighbors.
.. 

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Friday, October 21, 2022 6:42:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry you have this pain elf inflicting torture on you nightly!

 
At Friday, October 21, 2022 7:23:00 AM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Nothing worse that recurring pain!

 
At Friday, October 21, 2022 7:34:00 AM, Anonymous Jim said...

Oh dear, this is supposed to be FICTION. Please don't worry about my pain, I've had it since year 2001, the medical wonders couldn't find out why it's there.
..

 
At Friday, October 21, 2022 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Penelope Notes said...

A firefly elf sounds so friendly but sadly can be as good as any other source of great pain. :)

 
At Friday, October 21, 2022 3:22:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

Oh, my! What a horrid little creature. I wonder if one of her cousins has being lurking around me.

 
At Friday, October 21, 2022 6:31:00 PM, Blogger colleen said...

And intriguing haunting for sure!

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2022 10:23:00 AM, Blogger dwru27 said...

A very interesting poem! Love the genie and the Corvette!

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2022 2:56:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

Now that's a troublesome genie, practicing pain and ailments on you. 😃

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2022 8:21:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

Well, at least she has a flair about her when it comes to cars! Hopefully her talks are helpful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home