Monday, October 03, 2022

Tracks are Gone Now - a Quadrille for dVerse

"Box Car Art" Photo by Jimmiehov 2015 at "Jim's Little Photo and Poem Place"

"Box Car Art" Photo by Jimmiehov 2015 at "Jim's Little Photo and Poem Place"
[click on photos once or twice for large or larger yet view]

Railroads tracks fascinate 
Of them I have kept track 
My tracks were choochoo trains'
Through smoke conductor sang 

Boxcar art at the stops 
Hobos get off to beg 
Wherever, followed tracks 
Omaha/Oakland bound 

Remembering that day 
Day they pulled the tracks 
Bicycles to fireworks 
Now my entertainment 

Sad 
     day 

Photo by Krivec Ales on Pexels.com

  _ _ _ 

 - Poem and Top Photos Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022 and 2015, All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with Merrill at Quadrille #161:Staying on Track for Bottom Photo, 
 - Merrill's instructions, "the quadrille, it’s simply a poem of 44 words, excluding the title. It can be in any form, rhymed or unrhymed, metered, or unmetered. You MUST use the word “track” or some form of the word in your poem . . .
 - Click here to view other participants' Quadrille efforts
.. 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Tuesday, October 04, 2022 3:57:00 AM, Blogger Kim M. Russell said...

The American railroad is so different to the UK’s railways, Jim, and I love how your poem transported me and gave me a flavour of your world, including boxcar art and hobos. I remember reading a book about that, possibly The Road by Jack London.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2022 4:19:00 AM, Blogger Laura Bloomsbury said...

I'm with you on this one Jim - missing the steam, the engines and the clackety clack tracks

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2022 6:58:00 AM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

I can imagine a Woody Guthrie soundtrack to this one, Jim. It is an era of the past. Thank you.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2022 7:54:00 AM, Anonymous ben Alexander said...

Jim, I'm so with you on this - an excellent quadrille!

~David [ben Alexander]

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2022 12:21:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

My childhood friend Vernon Higgins, fourth grade, was killed on railroad tracks that ran thru our small town. I will never forget our entire school (not very many) walked to the church for his funeral. Your images reminded me of that. Today I am fascinated by and love, love trains. The whistles that I hear every night make me happy.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2022 2:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one, Jim. Some vivid glimpses of the past. The railways hold so many interesting stories. My hometown has a huge railway history and was also where Jumbo the Elephant tragically was struck by a train.

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2022 2:23:00 PM, Blogger Mish said...

~above comment by Mish~.....oops

 
At Tuesday, October 04, 2022 2:27:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

There is so much romance in trains, we still have some romance of trains left here in Sweden... though they are all electric.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home