Saturday, October 08, 2022

Morgan Freeman - a short Iregular Ode in Tribute


 Morgan Freeman place in my mind 
Forever you're my favorite  
Favorite male actor laureate 

Chauffeur supreme I remember 
Driving Miss Daisy everywhere 

Never complaining movie wise 
Assigned an undignified role 
Yet awards galore say, "Bravo"
 _ _ _ 

Addendum:                                    
Old man of my generation 
While you're still working I'm retired 

Upcoming movie: A Good Person
 _  _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with Carrie at the Sunday Muse #231 for the picture prompt at 
..

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Saturday, October 08, 2022 8:03:00 PM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Couldn't imagine how resilient and determined he is Jim, to tenaciously stay on knowing all the challenges of acting he is up against. Sidney Poitier
perhaps triumphed against discrimination.

Hank

 
At Saturday, October 08, 2022 9:06:00 PM, Blogger rallentanda said...

I like Morgan Freeman too

 
At Saturday, October 08, 2022 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

He was just amazing in Driving Miss Daisy! Nice tribute to him.

 
At Sunday, October 09, 2022 3:50:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Nice one Jim. I remember seeing Driving Miss Daisy a looong time ago in cinema with my husband. Ah the good ole days 🙃
Happy Sunday

 
At Sunday, October 09, 2022 8:27:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who sometimes thinks about the extended career of actors and how they maintain that gift.

 
At Sunday, October 09, 2022 8:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely a legend

 
At Sunday, October 09, 2022 8:57:00 AM, Blogger Keith's Ramblings said...

An example to others. Nice one.

 
At Sunday, October 09, 2022 7:08:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I enjoyed this, Jim. He is a favourite of mine too - I hope he gets some time to enjoy retirement..........

 
At Monday, October 10, 2022 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Oh MY!! This resurrects wonderfully funny memories of youngest son, Chris, now 60 ... doing an amazing impersonation of him in Driving Miss Daisy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home