Tuesday, January 03, 2023

Fleeting? a Poem for dVerse Poetics

At the corner ahead is the famous Beatles' corner, Abbey Road


"I was never there"  
makes for a bad dream 
twas love at first sight 
we both heard the call 

To know each other 
other's ins and outs  
all the do's and don'ts 
first date told it all 

I fell for your eyes 
your bod and your soul 
tried to make them mine 
thought I did, did you 

Cavort months and months 
sweet nothings we shared 
so pop the question 
surprise! You said wait 

That a blow to me 
wipe our records clean 
reputations save 
Be "Ghost in the Burbs"
 _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2011 and 2023, All Rights Reserved 
 - I first used this photo on May 5, 2011 -  http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2011/05/one-single-impression-love-2.html
 
 - I'm linked with Merrill at dVerse Poetics,   
 - Read other's writing here,  
..

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 03, 2023 7:17:00 PM, Blogger Arcadia Maria said...

Ouch. Love's sting can be painful. Well done poem.

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2023 7:24:00 PM, Blogger dwru27 said...

Reality bites! Very well done! Just like you were never there!!

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2023 8:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there, that bite hurts. Jim

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2023 1:00:00 AM, Anonymous JadeLi said...

Two as one, and then to be ghosted, oh the pain...

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2023 5:23:00 AM, Blogger Merril D. Smith said...

So sad to feel you were so connected and then have it all vanish like a ghost. Thank you for joining in the prompt!

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2023 2:10:00 PM, Blogger brudberg said...

It felt so good until all fell apart.

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2023 5:39:00 PM, Blogger robkistner said...

I enjoyed this Jim. Love moves at a different pace for everyone, so waiting itโ€™s never really a bad thing if you love is present. Well written. Happy new year to you and yours my friend.๐Ÿ™‚โœŒ๐Ÿผ

 
At Wednesday, January 04, 2023 7:33:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Teeth bites hurt .. heart bites hurt .. I've had my share. Living and loving long enough ensures the hurt. Wishing you and Mrs. Jim a most delightful, happy, healthy 2023. My son and I are spending the remainder of January in sunny Florida ... see you in February!

 
At Sunday, January 08, 2023 7:37:00 PM, Blogger lillianthehomepoet.wordpress.com said...

Oh......love lost....hurts, hurts, hurts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home