Saturday, January 21, 2023

Locked Door - a ditty for the Sunday Muse


There is a room in my house 
where I hardly go 
I have the key just for me 
you can't go in 
Just for me to visit things 
things I've not done 
Throw them in this room for now 
rainy day stuff 

Procrastinate name for this  
never may do 
Finish writing my memoirs 
not real pleasant 
Glue the broken crying doll 
must buy the glue 
 Projects, poems, unfinished stuff, 
like pulling teeth 

Someday never comes for me 
just let things go 
Though day of haunting may come 
take my chance when 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2023, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo from Carrie, one of hers from which to choose, at the Sunday Muse #243 
 .. 

7 Comments:

At Sunday, January 22, 2023 7:15:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

I have a room like that, full of former projects and current projects and the memory of once-upon-a-time having been an actual guest room. Very relatable poem. :)

 
At Sunday, January 22, 2023 2:02:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Burtt said...

My office is that room and I go in every day and the projects remain. I enjoyed this Jim. Always glad to see you at the Muse my friend.

 
At Sunday, January 22, 2023 3:13:00 PM, Anonymous JadeLi said...

Jim, that unfinished business can pile up can't it. Good place for it, locked away and not thought about much.

 
At Sunday, January 22, 2023 4:03:00 PM, Blogger qbit said...

We all have a Procrastinate room! Mine looks like a hoarder lives in it!

 
At Monday, January 23, 2023 12:43:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

"Procrastinate name for this
never may do "

Wow the contents of that locked door!!!

Thanks for dropping by my blog
Much❤love

 
At Wednesday, January 25, 2023 2:51:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

I think each of us has that room, that place where we house procrastination.

 
At Friday, January 27, 2023 7:05:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

I love the idea of a room for things not yet done. Wonderful, Jim!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home