Saturday, January 28, 2023

The Player -- a Poem for the Sunday Muse

Somewhere around nothing - by Brooze

Help from the ______?

If an orchestra plays in the wilds 
will anybody hear 
If I play my bass in an open field 
is there just one to feel 
If I hit a home run, empty bleacher 
will any give a hoot

Practice is practice must have a reward 
hears, feels, or gives a hoot
If I become president, queen, or pope 
why was I doing that 
Athlete, player, comedian covets 
your applause means a lot 

When I'm trying to become a writer 
I'd like some readers please 
And dear reader would you please feedback give 
comment, critique or praise 
_ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehove 2023, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo Prompt from Carrie at the Sunday Muse #244, at 
..

6 Comments:

At Sunday, January 29, 2023 5:51:00 AM, Blogger Gillena Cox said...

An artiste is complete with an audience. So yes playing in the eild might be an occasionally nice activity but i think even then the musician wants to be heard.

Happy Sunday

Much❤love

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2023 8:00:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

LOL, I feel as if we were in similar headspaces this week. I rarely think of drafting as practice, but it's an interesting thought, challenging yourself to get the best shape for an idea.

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2023 9:22:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Burtt said...

Yes we do want to be read if we are a writer. I thought I commented already but I guess my comment didn't post. Oh technology it is our friend and foe. Have a good Sunday my friend!

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2023 11:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hands clapping here (AJ)

 
At Sunday, January 29, 2023 2:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe all artists crave an audience, someone to read, listen and feel. If only for a brief moment - someone to give a hoot ~ Truedessa

 
At Monday, January 30, 2023 7:24:00 PM, Anonymous JadeLi said...

I agree that art is an interactive process at some point, many times after the artist is long gone. Without the artist there is no audience and without the audience art cannot live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home