Thursday, September 08, 2022

Our Days - a Poem with an Aphorism - Meet the Bar, dVerse

 
    Click on picture for larger sized viewing

  The Clock Ticks 

I'm facing the wall 
No turning around 
When I last saw him 
He was eight feet tall 

Bang. His gun went off 
I fell to the floor 
Down with a big thud 
My day is over 

When I awakened 
There's no blood no pain 
Why wasn't I dead 
Best wake and repent 

The clock is ticking 
and our days aren't long 
 _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with  in dVerse for Meet the Bar with Aphorisms, at  
 - Is there a growing old?  The final two lines make my aphorism. 
 - Click Here to visit the others writing Aphorisms this week
.. 

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At Friday, September 09, 2022 1:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well-written!

 
At Friday, September 09, 2022 3:42:00 PM, Anonymous JadeLi said...

that clock never stops ticking, even after we are gone...

 
At Sunday, September 11, 2022 10:21:00 AM, Blogger brudberg said...

Time is never on our side.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home