Saturday, August 13, 2022

Big Ifs - a Poem for Sunday Muse


If I, if only, if it; 
      I'd be doing fine 

Stranded on the beach beached it is 
If I could fly across the sea 
To the lights over there I see 
My large wings will sail fine, only ... 

If only I could flap those wings 
Flap them hard and strong so they'd lift 
But I'm not strong enough for that 
Perhaps a muscle man might do 

An other invention gone wrong 
If it doesn't work take it back 
_ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photo prompt with Carrie at the Sunday Muse #223, 
..

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At Saturday, August 13, 2022 8:33:00 PM, Blogger Sherry Blue Sky said...

I can relate to standing on the shore longing to fly, with no lift-off. Our hearts can fly, though! Sometimes that has to do.

 
At Saturday, August 13, 2022 9:48:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Burtt said...

I am sure a certain strength that we all struggle with.

 
At Sunday, August 14, 2022 8:37:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

That wish for lift is always lying in wait for a good breeze. :)

 
At Monday, August 15, 2022 3:51:00 AM, Blogger Marion Horton said...

I like your pragmatic approach Jim - if it doesn't work out, then go back and start again.

 
At Tuesday, August 16, 2022 2:04:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

Yet, there is beauty, accomplishment in trying. Perhaps what you can't fly will give wings to another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home