Friday, August 05, 2022

"To Burn" - a Poem for The Friday Writings

Note!!! - I for sure read the posts of all.  I will also leave a comment except when you do not allow Anonymous comments.  
Google has relegated me as to being an Anonymous reader.

 

Time to Burn 

Tis time to think about what if
If I had time to think about
More than I ever do take time 
Enjoy the fire I've never lit 

Time to watch it burn that I'd love 
Or lite the fire if I'm approved

Burn baby burn masses war call 
Under wraps angry open fields 
Raging angry fire watch it burn
Nickle if I had one for your thoughts 
 _ _ _ 

Note:  When I wrote this little poem I had no particular fire in mind and I wanted it to stand alone with or without pictures.  

After writing it I thought of my available resources for a burning photo.  Coming to mind were several instances, even candles, but I chose a burning in effigy of Guy Fawkes celebration we attended, which is repeated in London, and over the U.K, every year on November 5.

 
 _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright 2013 and 2022, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - Photos are from my November 2013 post remembering my Guy Fawkes burning in effigy anniversary ceremony the year before in London, 
 - I am linked with Rommy at the Friday Writings #38,
 - Rommy has invited us, "to let your muses spend some quality time with the phrase “to burn”.
.. 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

At Friday, August 05, 2022 1:54:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ah, so many things can be evoked by that phrase!

 
At Friday, August 05, 2022 9:35:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

Fire can bring comfort or terror, that's the truth.

 
At Friday, August 05, 2022 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

I always enjoy reading (and Posting) poems from the past ... yours as well.

 
At Friday, August 05, 2022 3:33:00 PM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

A warming fire or raging inferno... so many emotions belong to fire.

 
At Sunday, August 07, 2022 9:11:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

Ah, that little phrase can evoke so many emotions.
Of celebration, of war, of riots.

 
At Tuesday, August 09, 2022 9:48:00 AM, Blogger Penelope Notes said...

"Enjoy the fire I've never lit": Those words like flames can symbolize good or ill, although right now, in global terms, there are so many instances of a burning planet out of control.

 
At Friday, August 12, 2022 8:04:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Fire can stand nicely alone as an emotion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home