Thursday, July 14, 2022

Ready - an Acrostic

 

Ready and Primed 

“Wrinkles and bones, white hair and diamonds: I can’t wait.”  

Wrinkles 
all over my bod 

and
 
dreamy hope in my head 

bones 
bones they show everywhere 

white
 
of my eyes twinkling still 

hair 
for him styled the latest 

and 
feet, they're ready to dance 

diamonds 
here there everywhere 

feel all primed and ready 

can’t 
do no more if I tried  

wait 
enough, my new boy toy comes 
 _ _ _ 

  - Photo and Poem Copyright,  Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 

- I am linked with dVerse 11th ANNIVERSARY by   primed to write after reading there this line from Truman Capote, "Breakfast at Tiffany’s and Three Stories"  “Wrinkles and bones, white hair and diamonds: I can’t wait.”  At  
 - I am also linked with Rommy for a "word 'hope'" prompted poem for Friday Writings #35 , 
  ..

Labels: , , , , , ,

10 Comments:

At Thursday, July 14, 2022 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Linda Lee Lyberg said...

What a wonderful acrostic!

 
At Friday, July 15, 2022 8:24:00 AM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

What great additions to the original quote – you made it sound like lovely fun.

 
At Friday, July 15, 2022 9:20:00 AM, Blogger Rommy said...

Sounds like you're ready to trip the light fantastic. I hope you and the Mrs. keep dancing with each other.

 
At Friday, July 15, 2022 10:15:00 AM, Blogger colleen said...

The response lines surprise unexpectedly! The closing line threw me for a loop! I like when my mind can tumble.

 
At Friday, July 15, 2022 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Are you the Boy Toy, Jim? :)

 
At Saturday, July 16, 2022 4:52:00 AM, Blogger paeansunplugged said...

Nicely done acrostic!

 
At Saturday, July 16, 2022 12:36:00 PM, Blogger Magaly Guerrero said...

I really enjoyed the structure, Jim. It was fun to read the two halves independently from each other and as a whole. And I really like seeing hopes and dreams dancing together.

 
At Saturday, July 16, 2022 7:50:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Loved reading this in two separate, yet joined pieces. God one, Jim!

 
At Sunday, July 17, 2022 5:53:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

Deftly done! I can't help but smiled at the last line. :)

 
At Monday, July 18, 2022 2:24:00 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Oh cue the music, cue the laughter, cue you and the Missus.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home