Wednesday, June 15, 2022

My Life -- Yep, this is me, sooner or later -- Poem for dVerse


I have lived the life I needed to live 
I've done all the things I've needed to do 
Peace with the Lord 
Done most of the things I've wanted to do *

So when I'm called to my forever home 
I feel with great hope I'll be welcomed there **
Shout happily to me
Well done thou good and faithful servant 

The things I haven't done please you could do 
If you wish  
Like touch the South Pole and own a Corvette, ***
“My battery is low and it’s getting dark” *** 
 _ _ _ 

NOTES: 
 * This first verse is my life in a nutshell.  Some slight deviations though, who is perfect? Travel big, all 50 States and 77 countries (my list).
 ** "Hope" being faith in the Lord and his promises.
 ***  "Mars rover ‘Opportunity’" per Laura, our tutor for this exercise Poem, one of several ending possibility requirements. 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with Laura Bloomberry at dVerse:  words of departure, 

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 15, 2022 7:34:00 PM, Blogger Grace said...

A blessed life and filled with gratitude. I would like to touch the South Pole too in my lifetime.

 
At Thursday, June 16, 2022 2:54:00 PM, Blogger Laura Bloomsbury said...

I trust there is still more life in your battery but what an optimistic look to the end with faith in your fate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home