Saturday, June 11, 2022

Art Interpretation - Surrealistic Art -- Farmer Lady


   Farmer Lady 

O farmer lady 
 I love your Roses 
Your crop has begun 
 we can harvest now
One for me 
 one for you 
  be plenty more 
In your hair today 
 your bib tomorrow 
Empty my lapel 
 cries please one of yours 

O farmer lady 
 please step near to me 
I'll read your face folks 
 call you bubble head 
Can't get through to you 
 I feel they don't try 
We'll do fine I know 
  breathe your breath on me 

Warm and hot to feel  
 caries your desires 
Be they known to me 
 do my best to help 
Help like none before 
 fill every desire 

Storm clouds gathering 
 signals must go in 
Coffee keeps awake 
 a chance we can talk 
My help's not for sale 
 still I'd like a rose 
 _ _ _ 

 - Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I'm linked with Carrie at the Sunday Muse #314 for the picture prompt.  See three other choices with her words and sources at 
 - All four pictures are examples of Surrealistic Art.
.. 

Labels: , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Sunday, June 12, 2022 8:33:00 AM, Blogger C. Sandlin said...

This is...it's one of those poems that sneaks around, looking for ways to whisper in your ear. :) It feels like a myth in the making, a new way of looking at a stolen rose, a new story about walking on the earth. Really interesting.

 
At Sunday, June 12, 2022 11:04:00 AM, Blogger kaykuala said...

Love your poem that 'talks', Jim! It gives it a special effect upon reading it!

Hank

 
At Sunday, June 12, 2022 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Carrie Burtt said...

I second what Chrissa said. Have a great week dear Jim.

 
At Sunday, June 12, 2022 6:45:00 PM, Blogger Truedessa said...

Interesting poem and perspective. I enjoyed the play with words in this part.

In your hair today
your bib tomorrow
Empty my lapel

 
At Monday, June 13, 2022 6:07:00 PM, Blogger Susie Clevenger said...

"Warm and hot to feel
caries your desires
Be they known to me
do my best to help
Help like none before
fill every desire"
Love the whole poem, but this section really stood out for me.

 
At Tuesday, June 14, 2022 2:12:00 AM, Blogger Marion Horton said...

I hope he gets his rose, Jim.

 
At Tuesday, June 14, 2022 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Your interpretation of the image is spot on ... tells a great story. Hold out your hand .... I have a rose for you.

 
At Friday, June 17, 2022 7:17:00 PM, Blogger purplepeninportland.com said...

Wonderful take on this image, Jim. Well done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home