Friday, May 13, 2022

Curious -- The Singing Fellow


   Staying Curious No More

Little man, why do you sing like you do?  
Is it because I wind you up before
You shake your head, no, no, that isn't it 

Then tell me please, why do you croon like that 
Is there real blood running to your voice box? 
Course not you crazy fool, that isn't it 

As I sit and listen, your happy tune 
Perhaps it's solar makes you go, sunshine 
Guess again, I think you may never know 

Then I give up, won't you tell me please 
You turned the switch, three AA cells, that's it 
 _ _ _ 

  - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2021 and 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - "Singing Fellow" photo by himself first published in 2021 here, 
 - And with his buddies, a singing Elephant and a Golfing Fellow in 2014, here, 
  - I'm linked with Rommy for prompt idea, "Curiosity" at 
 - This this week Rommy invited us to share poetry or prose inspired by the phrase, "stay curious”
..

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

At Friday, May 13, 2022 1:43:00 PM, Blogger Brother Ollie said...

I sometimes remove the batteries "fix" these toys!

 
At Friday, May 13, 2022 4:56:00 PM, Blogger Rommy said...

LOL, oh my kids had some very noisy singing toys when they were small. Now it's mostly the sound of video games that entertains them.

 
At Friday, May 13, 2022 11:22:00 PM, Blogger Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Ha ha!

 
At Saturday, May 14, 2022 4:27:00 AM, Blogger Thotpurge said...

:) 3 AA cells indeed!

 
At Saturday, May 14, 2022 3:22:00 PM, Blogger Su-sieee! Mac said...

:-)

 
At Sunday, May 15, 2022 2:05:00 AM, Blogger dsnake1 said...

So you solved the mystery? Nice one! 😁

 
At Wednesday, May 18, 2022 9:42:00 AM, Blogger Debi Swim said...

Some of those toys are scary. I remember Elmo's laugh - no thanks.

 
At Thursday, May 19, 2022 6:45:00 PM, Blogger Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Oh, I think there's more to it than just those three AA cells. Don't you believe in magic? I do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home