Tuesday, April 26, 2022

The Day -- NaPoWriMo Day 26

The day there was nothing

I pulled over to stop 
A pulloff beconed me 
And when I did there was 
Nothing 

Nothing there of value 
to make my stop worthwhile 
Middle of the desert  
Nothing 

Nothing was there to see 
Not one thing impressed me 
Brown sand up close was all 
Nothing 

Nothing to see down there 
Creek had been dry for years 
Nothing there that could grow 
Nothing 

Nothing up there to see 
Nothing back where I'd been 
Brown beside on the hill 
Nothing 

Nothing here sand and rocks 
Fans of Brown have a feast 
Feast of nothing at all 
Nothing 

Nothing tugs, "in the car" 
In the car turn the key 
"Nothing" 
 _ _ _ 

 - Photo and Poem Copyright, Jimmiehov 2022, All Rights Reserved 
 - I am linked with NaPoWriMo Day 26, 
 - There we are prompted to "write a Poem containing an epic simile, also known as a Homeric simile."
 - The photo is of my TV screen during a commercial.  I don't know what was being advertised, mostly I was trying to figure out the make, it is a Mazda Miata maybe?
..

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 26, 2022 2:20:00 PM, Blogger Misky said...

Love the poem, and the car is a Jaguar F-type.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home